“No complaints”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“No complaints”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Girlfriends and I did an overnight in Berkeley Springs and one had previous experience staying at this hotel. Can't beat the price for what you get. Beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked, the rooms did not smell musty to me at all and I am very susceptible to odors. Room was in decent shape. If you want fancy and frills, you should go somewhere else. There were four of us, so we asked for more towels as they are a bit stingy with those but the front desk was super accommodating and we had towels right away. Breakfast buffet was very basic; yogurt, bagels, biscuits and gravy, etc. Coffee and tea 24/7 was nice for us since we're night owls. Remember your vacation is what you make of it. We struck up a conversation with some musicians and family reunion folks who were hanging out while we played a game in the small lobby and ended up having a great time together. We didn't use the pool (outside) due to rain, otherwise we would have as it looked fine. Better signage at the turnoff of the main road would be helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
BWBerkeleySpringsInn, General Manager at Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay. I'm glad to hear everything about your stay was satisfactory! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had stayed at this hotel several years ago. I read the recent reviews and hesitated to return as they were not the best. I decided to take a chance and booked a room here. All of the statements in the review were false. The complaint was the smoke smell and the pet odor. This hotel has NO smoking rooms and does not permit pets! We found the room very clean, odor free and quite large providing us with a very comfortable stay. Don't always trust the reviews of others!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay. I'm happy to hear you had a enjoyable stay at our establishment. Housekeeping does a fantastic job keeping the rooms in great shape! Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I should start with the positives...the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly enough, the pool was nice, and they had a decent tea selection. I do not normally review hotels we stay in but this was not the best one our family has stayed in. The suite we stayed in had these bugs on the floor I squished at night time. I found quite a few hairs that were NOT ours. There was no conditioner in the room, although there was a hair dryer. The internet was extremely slow. In the morning, the coffee tasted watered down. The breakfast offered no fresh fruit, just a bowl of canned looking fruit. The eggs tasted like egg powder mix. There was no honey for the tea or biscuits. There were only 4 tables inside the breakfast area. We sat outside but what if the weather was bad? Also, the work out room was closed when we checked in at 7pm(why?) I am picky when it comes to hotels but it's the little things like this that makes or breaks anyone's stay. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Maureen, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay. I'm sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Also we do not have a fitness center on site, I'm not sure who lead you to believe that we do and it was in fact closed at 7pm. I hope that you choose to stay with us again to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you want to visit lovely Berkeley Springs with your beloved dog, this is absolutely the place to stay. The pet friendly rooms are super clean, near an outside door, have a refrigerator and wifi, and the only difference between them and the regular rooms is that the bedding has not been updated. That is understandable and an insignificant difference. One of our dogs ate a treat on top of the other one in the car on the journey there. Cleaning him up was no problem! They have an area for motorcycles that is under cover, and has a hooked up hose. If you like to hike with your dog, this could be a real advantage, knowing that you could hose him off if he gets muddy. The breakfast was better than I expected, with cereals, yogurt, waffle maker, eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, sausage, and more. They even had good coffee and orange juice, which wasn't watered down. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BWBerkeleySpringsInn, General Manager at Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Toni, Thank you for your feedback we appreciate the comments! It is always great to hear when guests have a great experience at our establishment! The front desk and housekeeping staff tries to make each guests stay as enjoyable as possible. The hose at the motorcycle parking has many uses and I'm glad you took advantage of that feature! The breakfast buffet we serve seems to be a favorite of our travelers and its good to see it was no different with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Hobe Sound, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Maybe a little DDT would kill these critters. I hate waking up in the middle of the night being bitten by these evil insects. The staff is excellent and the complimentary breakfast is very good if you know how to operate a waffle iron. There's a restaurant (Angus & Ale) on the property and the food is above average. The restaurant staff is courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear James, Thank you for your feedback as we take this issue very seriously at our hotel. I wish you would have reported the issue you experienced with our front desk staff that night or in the morning so we could have looked into that matter immediately. Myself and our entire staff takes training in identifying and preventing bed bug issues. I inspected the entire room and moved all of the furniture and bedding and although I did not see any signs of them I treated the room anyways as a precaution. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope you stay with us again in the future.

Elkridge
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Exceptional stay ! Great staff and accommodations. I love the area the hotel is in and found it so very relaxing. The breakfast was great and did not leave me wanting. The front desk staff was fantastic and very friendly. I only had one slight hiccup with the TV sound but it was resolved very fast. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. I almost overslept because I was so relaxed. The front desk ladies were very valuable on local information and were able to lead me to various sites to visit in the area, which was my purpose of being at the hotel. I was not disappointed in any way with the entire trip. Thank you for making this traveler feel right at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Thomas, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay. The front desk staff enjoys interacting with customers and making there stay as enjoyable as possible. I am glad we were able to resolve your issue with the TV quickly and efficiently. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast as well, the breakfast attendant is a very important member of our team as they keep all items fresh and stocked We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our price for AARP was $85 + $20/night for the pet. They have designated special rooms for the pets, and I was a bit apprehensive since it was at the end of the of the motel, but was pleasantly surprised, it did not smell of pet odor, fleas, or the such. I guess $20 was worth it, (maybe). Room was spacious for the price, had a fridge, but no microwave. Beds were comfortable, not saggy, but firm,as I have a back problem, and 4 pillows per bed(we had 2 double beds). TV was new and large, worked well, but I had to go to the front desk to get a hand written list of the channels. Bathroom was spotless. lots of towels, coffee maker, soap and shampoo. Wyfi was fast, and no slow downs, Excellent!There were some complaints about the AC, going on and off. Yes, if you set it to auto, it will cycle. However, if you set the "fan" to be on all the time, you will not be aware of the cycling. Also, there were some other complaints about the smallness of the breakfast room. Yes, the area, constantly cleaned and constantly stocked, where the waffles, eggs, sausages, biscuits, juice, bagels, toast, donuts, oatmeal, juices, and fruit is. I counted, however, 10 tables for folks to sit, 7 of them in an outside gazebo, 2 in an adjoining room with a large TV, and one in the food area. I think that is definitely adequate for a moderate size hotel. The desk staff was very accommodating, and friendly. Mary, the manager was very conversant, helpful with directions to a restaurant we had heard about.The cleaning folks, esp. Liz, were very friendly, and helpful. I will definitely come back here when I visit the quaint town of Berkeley Springs, West Virginia. Btw, gotta ck out the hot springs, as George Washington (yes, our founding father) once bathed in them.

Room Tip: Before I sign on the dotted line, I always ask for a key, ck out he beds, the TV, bathroom, and air...