“excellent chef, with a very friendly bartender”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley Springs
Tari's Premier Cafe and Inn
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“excellent chef, with a very friendly bartender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stopped here late at night on our way home from Virginia Beach.. just felt like we needed one more day of vacation and we were tired and wanted a good meal and a drink. Although it was 9:00 at night, we were still able to order off of the menu.. the food was excellent... the swordfish was prepared perfectly with a lovely presentation and added spices and sauces. They treated us like gold, although I'm sure they wanted to end their day.. Didn't stay at the hotel only because antiques nauseate me (I'm weird), but we will be sure to come back to Tari's for a meal...

Room Tip: dining area was very attractive
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Steubenville, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

My partner and I stopped here for a few quiet days on our way to visit friends in DC and to celebrate my birthday. We took advantage of the package offer that includes two nights stay, one lunch, and one dinner in Tari's Restaurant. - - - all for under $200. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and we had no problems at all. The rooms are basic, but clean and quaint. It was enjoyable to stay right in the town and be able to walk to places for breakfast, dinner, and sightseeing. We also got massages at a spa located around the corner.

The package with dinner and lunch allowed us to choose any item from the varied menu - and this was a really nice feature.

They advertise that their place "Ain't the Ritz," and that is true. However, if you're simply looking for nice lodging and good food for a few days, this is a great value!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

When I travel, I prefer to spend most of my money on good food and experiencing the place. I don't spend a lot of time in my room. It's just a place to sleep and all I ask is that it is clean and safe and centrally located for what I want to do and see.

Tari's met my needs on all counts. First, let me praise the restaurant--the food is excellent. I had Pecan-Crusted Salmon on a bed of sweet potatoes with some greens. My sister had a seafood platter big enough for a football player. It had broiled shrimp, clams, scallops, lobster claws with linguine. Both entrees came with salad and delicious bread. As an appetizer, we split an order of baked brie with raspberry jelly under the crust. For dessert, she had a chocolate brownie cake, and I had peanut butter chocolate pie. Everything was delicious.

After eating all this and a few much-needed turns around the block, we headed for our room. We had No. 4, which is at the back so we had no street noise. It's almost like a suite--two rooms with a bathroom in the middle. It would be good for families.

The room reminded me of the B & B's and small hotels I used to visit in England. The furnishings were old and eclectic. The bottom tub surface was worn. My sister had a fancy Victorian wood bed while mine was an iron bed.

Everything was clean and the bed was comfortable..We had lots of fluffy towels, and soap, and shampoo--everything we needed. The only thing I missed was another chair because one of us had to sit on the bed while we talked.

The price was good--$59 for the two of us. That left us money for good meals and for treatments at a spa around the corner. We were able to park on the street and walk to the spa, other eating places, and the little shops in the town.

Berkeley Springs is a charming place to visit, and Tari's is one of its charms. I would certainly stay there again and most definitely eat there.

Room Tip: Recommend Room No. 4
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bardfan75
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

We stayed at Tari's for the Sleep and Dine special (2ppl, 2 nights, 2 meals). It was perfect!

Yes, it is a lot like staying at Grandma's: Old carpeting, antique furniture, flowered quilt. It's a 100-year-old building, with all the creaks and attic-y smells you'd expect. The bed was comfortable. The shower worked well (and who doesn't love a claw-foot tub). The TV had cable.

The restaurant is fabulous. Great selection of food, wine, and beer. Lots of local art all over the walls. It's right in the middle of Berkeley Springs. Go right and you're at the springs and baths. Go left and you're headed to the spa.

The Sleep and Dine deal really is worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tofumidget
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was our second time staying at Tari's on their "Dine and Stay", for less than $300 for 3 nights with coupons for 4 course dinners and lunch for two, and the food is fantastic, and the rooms upstairs are like "wildwest boarding house rooms" or "rooms above the saloon", with old creeky beds, old furnishings, noise from the road or the cafe/bar, and they are just right for the traveler who doesn't care about getting pampered or the booty smootched by the staff ! My partner and I had a great time, we will return again !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blwinmd
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

My boyfriend and I enjoyed the most amazing lunch here over Labor Day! We both had the Tomato-Arugula Bisque soup and loved it! I ordered the Beach Bums (which was Southern fried lump crab cake, served on asiago ciabatta with crisp greens, tomatoes, and lemon spiked tartar) and my boyfriend had the Smoked Gouda Chicken and it was outstanding! The art work in Tari's is great and the staff is friendly and pitch perfect on the service! We only wish we had gone found Tari's the night before instead of The West Virginia Room located at The Country Inn (which was a horrible-horrible experience).

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roozoo
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

What a cute little Inn! My daughter and I decided to take a trip to Berekely Springs on a whim and loved every minute of our stay. We took a class at the Ice House, caught a movie at the Star theater and walked around the little town to see what the shops had to offer. The Inn was like staying at Grandma's house, we loved it. And you couldn't beat the price or location, right in the middle of everything. We dined at the restaurant for dinner on evening, it was just yummy! We had some trouble with the AC on our first night but they moved us to a different room the next day which had a brand new window unit and it kept us cool all night long. The beds are only a double so if you don't like sleeping close to anyone else, I suggest another place, but it was just fine for us, never felt squished. It was clean and like I said, very homey with antiquies for furniture, kinda like Grandmas house. But most of all, the perfect location to be a part of the action. There is a local pool right down the street, not to mention the springs. And for breakfast a yummy cafe around the corner, we had breakfast there both mornings and lunch one afternoon. Have fun, don't expect a palace and enjoy yourself!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise from the street
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank fourzsinapodusa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs Inn
BEST WESTERN Berkeley Springs In...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
#2 of 2 in Hancock
Super 8 Hancock MD
Super 8 Hancock MD
#1 of 2 in Hancock

Been to Tari's Premier Cafe and Inn? Share your experiences!