“New owner needs a lesson in customer service”
Review of Fairfax Coffee House - CLOSED

Fairfax Coffee House
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We have worked very hard to introduce to our menu mouth watering and unique traditional, deli, baked and grilled sandwiches, awesome salads, great side dishes, homemade soups and quiche. In addition we offer breakfast all day, and a extensive pastry selection!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A friend had given me a gift card to Fairfax Coffee House, knowing that I went there whenever I happened to be at my vacation place in Berkeley Springs. I stopped in late on a Sunday a few weeks ago to find a nice young man working alone shortly before closing time. The place was uncomfortably hot (the AC must have been turned off) and empty. The very polite young man informed me that the shop had been sold and my gift card could no longer be used per the new owner's instructions. He got the owner on the phone, and she confirmed that she had purchased the shop last Fall and generously honored gift cards purchased under the previous ownership through the end of the year and had posted a sign to that effect. Well, I had no way of knowing that since I hadn't been back there since then. The card had no expiration date, was less than a year old and is now worthless. She insisted she would have lost money by honoring the card since the cards were not part of the sale. Now she has lost any and all future business from me, my family, my friends and everyone we know who visits Berkeley Springs on a regular basis (and that's a lot of people).

4  Thank beverlyrd
There are newer reviews for Fairfax Coffee House

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was excellent, The coffee was awesome, great atmosphere, The staff was great and helpful. Great coffee shop

1  Thank PAMomto2boys
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had lunch on a Friday afternoon. Food looked nice but was pretty tasteless, however, the cole slaw was delicious.

1  Thank 321KMD
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Its directly across the street from Berkeley Springs State Park. The coffee was ok, I would have preferred something a bit more bold and stronger. They do have free wi-fi, and its got a nice quiet atmosphere.

1  Thank fabtraveler20
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I visit the Fairfax Coffee House every time I come to Berkeley Springs. The specialty coffee and pastries are always delicious and the staff is polite and efficient.