“Clean, comfortable, friendly. Just what I wanted.”

Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bluefield
Norfolk, Virginia
“Clean, comfortable, friendly. Just what I wanted.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

While certainly not 5-star accommodations, this was exactly what I was looking for: a basic hotel with clean, pleasant furnishings and WiFi. They nailed it.
Manager was pleasant and I enjoyed chatting with him about our travels. Not much in the way of restaurants in the area, but that can;t be helped.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Youngstown, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We've stayed here before, and it gets worse all the time. This will be our last visit. The rooms are small, and they stink. The furniture looks like it hasn't been replaced in years, although when we were her the last time, it looked like they were replacing some of it, along with some carpeting. The bathroom was filthy with visible mold on the floor and tub - I wouldn't even go in there with my shoes off, and I waited until the next day when we reached our destination to shower. The phone didn't work, and neither did the TV. The mattress was soft and lumpy, as were the pillows. The continental breakfast is a joke, served in a room about the size of a bathroom, and is only good if you like coffee with a piece of toast or cereal. People screaming at each other all night, in other rooms and in the parking lot (this visit and past visits). The staff is very nice, but it doesn't make up for the place being a complete dive.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StBerpuppy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Bluefield when transitioning between homes. This is by far the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. The staff was amazing. This is the most important part of a hotel stay for me, and I never had any issues during my entire extended stay. They were always very friendly and helpful. Beyond that, the hotel was quiet and the newly renovated rooms were great. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BrandyMala
Fairlawn, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We found this place to be VERY restful with CLEAN comfortable beds and courteous service. It wasn't hard to find after a short distance from I-77 N at Bluefield WVA. along US 52.The price for a room and a KING bed was only 62.00 (includes tax).
Understand , we aren't given to writing reviews unless it's warranted. Their renovations are definitely helpful. If you want a Marriott - type place then go find it and PAY for it !

Room Tip: First floor rooms were easily available
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NolonT53
Fountain Inn, Sc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I got what I deserved for trying to save 20 bucks. In addition to the motel not honoring the priceline booking price, the condition was awful. The door of the room was hard to open and close and would not lock properly. The room smelled awful. Toilet did not work even after manager came out in the middle of the night to work it. We had to use the bathroom at the wendy's across the street. I have contacted choice hotels to ask how this place can even have a one star rating.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Charles B
Gryon, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

It is a newly renovated facility with a few restaurants within walking distance. It is complete with an outdoor grill and refrigerators in the rooms. The staff personnel were also very accommodating. Overall, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank hmac09
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our family of nine stayed there one night on our way to NC. We had three rooms, two beds each. Were we able to sleep? Yes. And that's all I can positively say. They had many vacant rooms, but still put us on 2nd floor. I just find that rude. Carpet in the rooms were disgusting. Hair in the shower. Toiletries small and pretty much worthless.

We booked this hotel because of location but also because of the continental breakfast included. What a joke. Awful coffee, no fruit, not even bananas but worst of all was the day old boxed mini donuts. Really?? I really wanted to save money on breakfast before heading out early the next morning, but we had to stop for food anyway, since no one ate.

We went to put some items in the in room mini fridge and the seal was black with mold and falling off. Yikes.

But the worst part was that my niece realized she left her necklace on the bathroom counter several hours after leaving. We made numerous calls and they were VERY unhelpful. I hope the maid (I.e. OWNERS) get many years of enjoyment out of a sentimental piece of jewelry.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefield
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 15 in Princeton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Princeton

Been to Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College? Share your experiences!