“Plenty good for work/ business”

Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were very impressed with the customer service at this hotel. The hospitality was superb from our need to check in late to the "goodie" bags we were given when we left tot he accurate directions to our ultimate destination.

We enjoyed the free breakfast, which was amply stocked and tasty.

Very nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
It is so pleasing to hear that our staff is providing the wonderful hospitality to our guests and that your enjoyed the "goody bags" during your travel. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It is exactly what I would expect from a Days Inn class of property. We stayed there May 9 and 10 for graduation activities at AB University. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was clean and looks to be updated well. We checked in late and the front desk associate was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel had a pool that my son thoroughly enjoyed. The pool was exceptionally clean and clear, despite what some other reviews have said. The only note is that the pool is VERY warm (above 100 degrees I believe) so it is fine for splashing around, but too warm for exercise purposes. I would think it would be better if it was in the 80s and the hotel could save some $$ and natural resources.

The breakfast was exactly as expected. I am tired of ppl who complain about breakfasts at this type of hotel. If you want a custom menu and cooked to order, go to a restaurant. This one had pastries, the standard make your own waffle, oatmeal, coffee, juices, biscuits and gravy and eggs, a few cereals, yogurt, whole fruit, bread, peanut butter and jelly. Perfect for most needs. The breakfast staff was also very polite kept the space very clean throughout the entire time (which can be a challenge when it is busy). Please remember to tip these attendants as they do a good job.

The room was interesting. We stayed in their largest suite. I was under the impression that as a suite, the 2 double beds would be in one room and the king bed in another room, but no. We had 3 beds in one very large room. The room was clean but the decor was a bit odd. The recliner (burgundy color) seems a bit worn and tired. The 2 double beds were nice. The king bed was ok but the mattress seems to be a bit old and starting to sag in the middle. The desk chairs were blue i believe and the greens in the room (carpet, paint, etc) don't compliment each other well. The bathroom was interesting. It has a jacuzzi tub which by son thought was awesome, but it takes about 20 minutes for it to fill with water. The faucet on the tub looks more like a kitchen faucet and has a low flow rate. We filled it with both the faucet and the shower fixture and it still took 20+ minutes. Not a big fan of the wall covering. They have an industrial type plastic wall covering. Would think that tile would be just as effective an have a better presentation. Also odd is that the jacuzzi tub is the only option for the bathroom. Odd to have to climb over the edge of the hot tub and stand in the hot tub to take a shower without a shower curtain present. The caulking around the tub needs some attention. Again, the bathroom was clean, but odd. I would lose the hot tub and put in a full size tub (jacuzzi style) and a separate walk in shower for functionality (ADA) and appearance.

A lot of construction workers in the hotel and I believe their families over the weekend, but it certainly did not adversely affect our stay. Overall I enjoyed our stay. The room as ok (clean and quiet), the breakfast was fine, the location was convenient, and the staff was very good.

Room Tip: If considering the largest suite, I would recommend getting 2 rooms instead. May cost just a little...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your review and the wonderful words you had to share with other travelers about the staff and hotel. As we continue working on refreshing our hotel, carpet and décor through out the hotel we look for your return visit to view those changes. Thank you and safe travels
Bridgeport
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found my stay at the Days Inn in Clarksburg to very accomadating, with quick and friendly service, and a clean and comfortable room!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
I am so happy to hear that you received quick and friendly service and that our housekeeping staff had your room prepared so that you had a clean and comfortable room. We look forward to you staying with again. Thank you for your review
Bridgeport
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My experience with this company is a memorable one, and not in a good way. After a long day of travel and work, I was ready for bed. Once I pulled back the sheets I noticed there were multiple hairs on the bed, seemed as if the sheets weren't changed. Then in the morning I went to shower, closed the door behind me only to find a dirty and crusty used wash cloth that was left on the side of the shower. Also, I asked for a non smoking room, once I opened the hallway door all you could smell was old nasty cigarettes. I will never stay with this company again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM Cindy G, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. I have spoken to our housekeeping staff of the importance of a clean and thoroughly inspected room. Please feel free to contact me so that I discuss you recent visit in detail. Thank you for your review

Travellers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#12 of 14 in Bridgeport

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg? Share your experiences!