“If I am in the area again, I will be staying here!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I recently visited the Holiday Inn Express in Bridgeport, WV while site seeing in other parts of the state. I found the hotel to be an awesome value for the nightly rate. The lobby is clean, and well decorated. The lounge area, breakfast area, hallways, and elevators are clean and well kept. The pool area although small, was clean and we really enjoyed taking advantage of it during our stay.

The room that I stayed was comfortable, and in clean, like new condition. The room also offered very nice linens, full pillows, a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot (tea), iron, ironing board, toiletries (make up wipes, shoe mitt, facial soap, bath and body works (shampoo, conditioner, and body wash), tissues, extra toilet tissue, and good quality thick towels and wash clothes.

The free breakfast was above other hotel "continental" breakfast in my opinion. The hotel offers a variety of cereal, warm foods (eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes) as well as cold options such as toast, muffins, bagels, and fruit. The coffee/tea bar was also nice and it was nice to not have to leave the hotel to get something to eat in the morning.

The staff throughout the hotel was very friendly, and polite.

Easy check in, easy check out!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling through Bridgeport or just looking for a weekend away.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and there was no outside noise even with construction going on outside...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather R
Shari E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Bridgeport, WV. We are very proud of this great review, and I have shared it with all of our staff so they can see how their hard work is acknowledged and appreciated by our guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed all of our fantastic amenities, and we hope that you visit our property again when your travels bring you through North Central West Virginia.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have always stayed at the Holiday Inn in Weston W.V. on my way back from Myrtle but upon arrival I was informed that there were no rooms available so I continued on and ending up staying at the Bridgeport WV and really liked the hotel. There were several good resaurants in the area and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We are glad that you had the chance to stay with us here in Bridgeport, WV. The staff here appreciate your kind comments and hope that we may have the chance to see you again here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! Thank you!

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed here on our drive from Canada to Orlando Florida. The rooms where clean, however it was tight for 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids). We tried to get a roll away cot, but the room was too small. Book this ahead of time. We had a late check in, (10:30) the front desk person was also cleaning so we had to call her from the desk phone to book us in.
The breakfast was ok...quick and easy. The only complaint was the hotel staffed decided to clean the elevate stainless steel with some kind of chemical cleaner that was very toxic and foul...should have done this in the middle of the night. Would not have impacted as many guests. All in all, good value in a place to stay as you are driving through.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2013

What a disaster...Hotel's website directions take you 10 miles away from hotel...when brought to their attention, the reply was "yeah, I hear that a lot ." The product is cheap...when other room doors close, the headboard in my room would rattle. You hear every slightest noise in other rooms. TV channels would constantly go out...called the desk...the reply is " we are new and trying to get this fixed." Maybe charge less until you work the bugs out. I hear there is a Courtyard by Marriott opening directly across from this property...can't wait til it opens!!

Room Tip: Don't take a first floor room....very noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TeeItUp666
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear TeeItUp666,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 February 2013

There were lots of good things about this Holiday Inn Express - it was clean and modern, the room was bigger than I expected, the staff friendly, the bed very comfortable. I liked the labelling of the pillows - soft or firm. The free breakfast is a definite plus, although the ready-made omelettes (at least I think that's what they were) tasted like airline food. When this area gets developed and there are more restaurants and shops nearby it will come into its own. There were a couple of problems though. The water wasn't hot enough in the shower - that's a non-negotiable with me! Housekeeping knocked on the door at 9.30am asking if I was ready yet, when checkout wasn't till 11. They should have left me in peace! And as a contact lens wearer, I always have trouble in hotels as I can't get close to the bathroom mirror with the wide counter in between. A magnifying mirror on a side wall would be nice. (I'm told it's the same for short-sighted shavers!) But that's with most hotels, not just this one!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Annofwimbledon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and found the staff friendly. However, please accept our apologies for the shower and housekeeping issues you have experienced. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This hotel is one of the better, newer Holiday Inn Express hotels. The room was large with a microwave and small refrigerator. The bed was very comfortable (with firm and soft pillows nicely labeled).

However, the exit is quite isolated. Nothing else is there but a hospital and one fast food restaurant. I had to get back on the highway and drive five or six miles or order to get to a restaurant for dinner. If I had realized this, I would have made sure that I arrived before dark so I didn't have to drive through unfamiliar, hilly roads at night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yankeeinexile
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I've stayed at this property several times now and have never had any problems. The facility is approximately 2 years old and still has that new look and feel to it; both inside and out. Assistant GM Shari has been extremely helpful and Mallory at the front desk is awesome!! If you're in Clarksburg/Fairmont area, it's definitely worth staying at this property!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank TripC85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
SpringHill Suites Bridgeport Clarksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hampton Inn Bridgeport/Clarksburg
Comfort Suites Bridgeport - Clarksburg
Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bridgeport? Share your experiences!