“Okay but over priced and bland”
Review of Mountaineer Grille

Mountaineer Grille
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American
Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Okay but over priced and bland”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My fiance' and I couldn't decide where to eat and neither of had been here yet so we decided to go. My fist thought was were this place is small. I didn't like the fact that the waiters stand is right there as the focal point in the back of the room. I will say the place was very clean but we had a both table that you could tell has been moved around and there is a deep scratches in the wall. We looked at the prices which are way higher than I would pay for any of the entree's they had. They do have good prices on burgers wraps and sandwiches. I got a rib-eye sandwich (medium)and my fiance' got the buffalo chicken wrap. I also ordered onion petals. When it came out they were on these large triangle plates which made the food look even small than it really was. The onion petals came with plain sauce you could get anywhere. My steak was not medium it was well done. It had a a lot of cheeses and very little onion or pepper. The steak was plain and there wasn't even any salt or pepper on it. My bread was grilled but soaked in a butter tasting oil that was over taking the taste of the rest of the sandwich. The chips that came with it weren't to bad but those too needed seasoned. My fiance's wrap was buffalo chicken but he said it tasted sweet for some reason. He got his with fries and he said they weren't bad. The cost of almost 30 ( did i mention you have to pay 2 dollars for fries which is a very small portion instead of the chips you get) I am not plannign on going back unless a friend wants to go and is willing to pay.

• Visited June 2013

Uniontown, Ohio
“Best place we ate at on our visit to Bridgeport!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We decided to give the Mountaineer Grille a try while staying in Bridgeport and we are sure glad we did! The food was excellent, the wait staff was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was calm and comfortable. If you are looking for a good burger, or pulled pork in the Bridgeport area, give this place a try, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Heather R
Massachusetts
“OK Sports Bar Food”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The setting, service, and food are nothing special. That is not to say it is bad, just nothing special.
My wife said the curry chicken pita was good.
A wee bit pricy too.

• Visited May 2013
Laurel,ms
“not understanding the picture of Grand China here???”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is the best place to eat for 50 miles!!! I would say try the Gold and Blue Shrimp for App and Crab Cake Burger was wonderful! Loved it wish someone told me about this place a yr ago! Fresh! LOVE!!!

• Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, TX
“Overpriced for quality of food and service”
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

One star for average service and average quality over priced dishes. I have dined here on multiple occasions as my co-workers seem to like the WVU focus apart from the food. If you want a good meal for the money you spend, this establishment will disappoint. Specifically do not order the steak, sausage, and chicken skewer appetizer at $7.99. The portion is barely enough for one person and the quality of meat is substandard like the rest of their selections.

1 Thank Max F