“need a room for one night”

Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Reviewed 8 August 2012

People at front desk were helpful, hotel was clean and restful with great beds> we also used the indoor pool, was very clean and warm, which my wife liked> The {HOT} breakfast was to dye for, i would stay here again.

Room Tip: just a nice place
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bobk649

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My family gathers at this Hampton Inn every year for a reunion and we always have a wonderful experience. Everyone is friendly, kind, and helpful. There is always plenty of food for breakfast in a clean, pleasant dining area. The staff is extremely accomodating when we have unusual requests. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Francesca C
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Generally I don't bother to write reviews on Hampton Inns even though I often stay in them. The vast majority of Hamptons are well maintained, have decent, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast. My recent stay in the Buckhannon Hampton was my second and the facility is due for a remodel and upgrade. I'm always skeptical of hotels that have a strong disinfectant odor, which is what the lobby and breakfast area smelled of when we checked in. The bathroom tile in my room had stains on the grout and some cracked tiles. The room furniture was tired and in need of replacement. There is nothing terrible about the hotel facility, but it seems to be very close or below the minimum standard for Hampton Inns.

That said, the staff was cordial and helpful. Just don't expect a first rate facility.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I really enjoyed my stay that this Hampton Inn. It is located just a couple minutes' drive from Downtown Buckhannon along US Rte. 33. My room was clean, and I found the bed very comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly, even when I had a little "accident" with my room key. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting West Virginia Wesleyan College because it's only a couple miles away. It's also significantly cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express in nearby Elkins.

There is only one restaurant, The Huddle House, within walking distance of this hotel. However, there is a Walmart two miles down Rte. 33 heading east where you'll find a Subway, Arby's, Sheetz, and I believe a couple other fast food restaurants where you can grab dinner.

Although I enjoyed my stay overall, I am only giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 because I was disappointed by the workout facilities. The workout room was very small and only had one treadmill, one stationary bike, and one elliptical all close together in a tiny room. I didn't feel comfortable working out in such close proximity to other people. The pool was also quite small, but I'm not a swimmer, so that didn't affect my opinion of this hotel at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I get to Buckhannon every few years and the Hampton Inn is my pick every time. The place is clean, staff is very happy and helpful. As a Hilton Diamond they give the points and the water/snack items. I have also gotten upgraded to a suite the past few times at this hotel. Not sure if it is b/c I'm Diamond or I have been at this hotel many times over the past 10 years. It really feels like you are a personal guest of the staff, they call you by name, help and do what every they can to make your stay special. If in Buckhannon stay here hands down.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dcl80
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had been working in the field for 10 days and was starting to run out of clean clothes and the owner let me wash my clothes in their housekeeping laundry room for free. I didn't even ask, they offered. I will always try to stay here when in Buckhannon.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kyle F
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Lobby and breakfast area are attractive. Many good choices for breakfast including fresh fruit and some hot choices. Overall a very pleasant stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TIM S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Hampton Inn Buckhannon? Share your experiences!