“WONDERFUL!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Walkertown, North Carolina
“WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

So we booked this hotel as a last resort because our other choice was full. I called the front desk Monday (7/8) for a one night stay. Over the phone, I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from this lady - but I had no other option. We arrived to check in, same lady at the check in desk. Very nice in person. Hotel lobby was exceptionally clean. She told me that they had breakfast in the mornings and gave me the hours - coffee and juice/cookies are provided all day. Handed me the key cards and off I went. Check in was a matter of minutes! Stayed in room 112. King sized bed with a pull out sofa (kids love those things). Could not believe how nice this place was. Clean Clean Clean!!!!! And not a chemical smelling clean. Nice large bathroom. Huge mirror on the wall that opened up to the closet with extra bedding and ironing board and iron. Flat screen tv. (I will say, there were 2 channel guides and neither seemed accurate - but big deal) Large desk and a laptop table as well. Nightstand with alarm clock on one and a charging dock on the other (Very handy!) Even had an off brand single cup Keurig in the bathroom. Small fridge and microwave. Does have an indoor pool, but we did not even go that direction. For the place to be booked (and obviously full of kids) it was very quiet. Now the bed! Ah, the bed.......I even tried to talk my husband into strapping the mattress down on the car to take home! Very Very Comfy. All the linens were bright white and I didnt get that normal icky feeling towards the linens that you get in most places you go (ladies you know what I mean ) Lots of towels. Overall, I am very impressed and will more than likely be staying there again when I return. Def. one of the best hotels I have stayed at, Ever!

Room Tip: We were in room 112 which is on the back side of the building, which meant we couldnt see our car. B...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Good experience overall but the facility needs to remove smoking from the entry way and upgrade the fitness area. Location was key to my stay and that worked well. The immediate area around the hotel needs some restaurants. Hopefully that will change in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Stephens City, VA, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the service and facilities at this Hampton Inn. The desk clerk was especially helpful and friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. We already have reservations to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was one of the best hotel stays that I and those that were with me have ever had. Great hosts. Very helpful. Very friendly. The breakfast was very appealing and delicious. The staff went out of the way to help in all our needs. We would definitely recommend this hotel in the future and also would be glad to return to it again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Hampton in Buckhannon was clean, staff very accommodating and friendly. I believe I heard the property had just undergone a total renovation and it showed. Reasonably priced comfortable bed nothing negative it my opinion.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was surprised to find a Hampton here but glad I did. It had all the basics you come to expect at a Hampton, so no problems there. It was just outside of town so it was a bit if a commute to find a decent place to eat. The only disappointment was the exercise room. It was maybe an 8 x 10 room with 2 pcs of equipment stuffed in it. Not really usable, it would be better for management to sacrifice a room and do it right.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Buckhannan, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were traveling through West Virginia on the way to a family reunion in the southeastern part of the state. It was clean, the office was very helpful about the local area. The location was clean and we were able to spend a quiet restful night before heading out the next day. The clerk asked if we had AAA for an additional discount.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins

Been to Hampton Inn Buckhannon? Share your experiences!