“Hampton Inn Buckhannon”

Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A nice hotel with acceptable amenities. Maybe not the best for a family with younger children as the staff didn't seem to understand the particular needs that come along with that. Our room wasn't ready on arrival and the crib we requested turned out to be a very uncomfortable playpen for the baby causing us to leave a day earlier than planned.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have stayed in this Hampton Inn and several others several times. I have always found Hampton Inn to be a high quality establishments with excellent service. The rooms are always clean. The staff is always friendly. The complimentary breakfast is always of high quality and with a plentiful amount of food available and more than one choice available. I just wish that Hampton Inn was a totally non-smoking facility, but I realize that might not be practical.

1  Thank Danny Z
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this particular Hampton Inn. The lobby and breakfast room had been remodeled since my last visit. The hotel staff is always nice and the free breakfast is fabulous!!! They have wonderful coffee!!! My room was a bit lacking this trip because I was placed in a smoking room, which was rather smelly. This is the first time I have had an issue with cleanliness at a Hampton Inn, including this one. The bathroom does not have a vent fan, which would be a nice addition. However, the staff was pleasant and the rest of the hotel appeared to be very clean. The pool ran out of towels one day, but there had been an unusual amount of people in the pool that day. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker, avoid the smoking rooms! There is no ventilation and the windows do not ope...
Reviewed 15 July 2013

So we booked this hotel as a last resort because our other choice was full. I called the front desk Monday (7/8) for a one night stay. Over the phone, I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from this lady - but I had no other option. We arrived to check in, same lady at the check in desk. Very nice in person. Hotel lobby was exceptionally clean. She told me that they had breakfast in the mornings and gave me the hours - coffee and juice/cookies are provided all day. Handed me the key cards and off I went. Check in was a matter of minutes! Stayed in room 112. King sized bed with a pull out sofa (kids love those things). Could not believe how nice this place was. Clean Clean Clean!!!!! And not a chemical smelling clean. Nice large bathroom. Huge mirror on the wall that opened up to the closet with extra bedding and ironing board and iron. Flat screen tv. (I will say, there were 2 channel guides and neither seemed accurate - but big deal) Large desk and a laptop table as well. Nightstand with alarm clock on one and a charging dock on the other (Very handy!) Even had an off brand single cup Keurig in the bathroom. Small fridge and microwave. Does have an indoor pool, but we did not even go that direction. For the place to be booked (and obviously full of kids) it was very quiet. Now the bed! Ah, the bed.......I even tried to talk my husband into strapping the mattress down on the car to take home! Very Very Comfy. All the linens were bright white and I didnt get that normal icky feeling towards the linens that you get in most places you go (ladies you know what I mean ) Lots of towels. Overall, I am very impressed and will more than likely be staying there again when I return. Def. one of the best hotels I have stayed at, Ever!

Room Tip: We were in room 112 which is on the back side of the building, which meant we couldnt see our car. B...
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Good experience overall but the facility needs to remove smoking from the entry way and upgrade the fitness area. Location was key to my stay and that worked well. The immediate area around the hotel needs some restaurants. Hopefully that will change in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the service and facilities at this Hampton Inn. The desk clerk was especially helpful and friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. We already have reservations to stay there again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 July 2013

It was one of the best hotel stays that I and those that were with me have ever had. Great hosts. Very helpful. Very friendly. The breakfast was very appealing and delicious. The staff went out of the way to help in all our needs. We would definitely recommend this hotel in the future and also would be glad to return to it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn
#1 of 3 in Clarksburg
Bicentennial Inn, Home of 88 Restaurant and Lounge

Been to Hampton Inn Buckhannon? Share your experiences!