“Buckhannon Hampton”

Hampton Inn Buckhannon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buckhannon
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Clean and sufficient Hotel. It is close to Colleges and places to eat .. friendly staff .. would stay there again. Bathrooms could use an exhaust fan .. room got steamy with showers .. fan would have helped.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family stayed at the Buckhannon, West Virginia Hampton Inn last weekend while we were in Buckhannon for a swim meet. We were also "refugees" from the chemical spill in Charleston, so I brought laundry in hopes of finding a coin laundry nearby. The woman at the front desk was both helpful and kind, offering us use of their laundry facilities, switching the wet clothes and offering snacks while sat in the lobby, waiting on the dryer.

The hotel also had nice clean rooms, although the shower water pressure wasn't great. The breakfast was very good, with a nice selection including my favorite, oatmeal. Buckhannon is a nice small college town. We ate at CJ Maggies (I think that was the name), which was good. We would visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
kristi b, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buckhannon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

thanks for staying with us we appreciate your business

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on and off extensively over the past 6 years. I travel often and prefer to stay at this hotel when in the Buckhannon area. The staff are very helpful. the only real negative is the VERY small pillows and lack of entertainment in the area, but that is a city issue not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
kristi b, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buckhannon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn Buckhannon,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very well maintained and bed was perfect!! The cable was not working in my room but,the front desk lady was polite and informed me that all the Phillips Televisions in the hotel deleted certain channels and they are working on that issue.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
kristi b, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buckhannon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thanks for staying with us, we appreciate your business. Looking forward to seeing you again and we all new HD 17 channels for our customers.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel should be shut down. We had a fire alarm go off and the fire department was never called. We were told by the front desk and maintenance that they could not smell smoke so they would disconnect the alarm. When asked if we should be concerned they said "I don't know. " They laughed and thought it was funny keeping their guests up all night.. Thanks Hampton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 27 November 2013

During my stay at the Hampton Inn in Buckhannon, I checked in late at night prior to an early morning business meeting. After settling into the room (which was clean and appeared comfortable, as most Hampton Inns usually are), I turned on the heat due to the falling temp outside. I then discovered that the heater mounted under the window (no thermostat on the wall, just On/Off control on unit) was in disrepair and made a very loud whining sound when on. So I ran the heat just enough to take the chill out of the room and went to sleep around 1:30 AM. At about 3 AM I was awakened by the FIRE ALARM going off outside my room. After it blasted for about 5 minutes no-stop I though maybe it was an actual emergency and went out into the hall, only to be told by other guests that it was a false alarm and the hotel staff was having trouble deactivating it. It continues with about a 3 minute on/ 30 second off cycle for almost 45 minutes before they figured out how to shut it off. By the time it was quite again, I was wide awake and not a happy person - so I took a shower and left at 4:30 AM to find breakfast elsewhere and try to wake up before my morning business meeting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom R
kristi b, General Manager at Hampton Inn Buckhannon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

hello
i am sorry about the fire alarm keeping you up and i installed a new fire panel the day you were here and it went off do to working on kinks to get the system working order we disabled it within 5 minutes,We are only trtin to better the place for our customers.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was my pick after reviewing all the hotels in the area. Unfortunately they screwed up my reservation date and my confirmation meant nothing. They did nothing to make this mistake right and i won't stay at another Hampton Inn.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank msp9057
kristi b, Manager at Hampton Inn Buckhannon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

he had a reservation made on the wrong date, and came in a day early and we were sold out, I am sorry we could not accomadate you the night before, i do hope you call us again for future reservations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckhannon
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buckhannon
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Weston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elkins

Been to Hampton Inn Buckhannon? Share your experiences!