What a wonderful place to be so close to nature, feels like your in God's country.
My family loved getting up to a country breakfast. The guys went fishing as we girls took the kids to the pool. Then a nice country drive thru the mountains and back to grill our dinner. Then a nice walk around the resort. The kids werer amazed at all the fish in the trout pond. Then we had a nice camp fire in the firepit with the kids favorite marshmellows and smores. Along with great stories.
The next day we went to Eagles Outfitters, just a ride down the road to rent canoes for a day trip down the Potomac River.... It was absolutely beautiful and so much fun! We highly recommend it!
Over all we had a very relaxing and fun vacation. And we will definately be back!
PS... this was not our first time at smokehole cabins, we stayed several years ago with friends. And we could not wait to take our daughter and granddkids this year. Also if you have never gone zip lining, check out Nelson Rock.... We did it and it was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort property starts out with Smoke Hole Caverns, the brand new gift shop, the main office, and our log motel being located on the same property. As you travel 2 miles north you will see separated the Smoke Hole Log Cabin Resort area and the Smoke Hole Cottage area. Both groups of cabins our located on their private properties and offer a simply gorgeous rural retreat to the Appalachian Mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Hotel Seneca Rocks
- Smoke Hole Caverns And Log Cabin Resort
- Smoke Hole Family Log Hotel
- Smoke Hole Family Log Motel
- Smoke Hole Caverns & Log Cabin Resort West Virginia/Cabins