“Wild and Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chapmanville
Boone, North Carolina
“Wild and Wonderful”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is a great hotel. It's near the Hatfield McCoy trail and Mid way between Charleston, W.Va and Pikeville, Ky. The motel was right on the main road and near Chief Logan Park. Go at Christmas if possible the lights in Chief Logan Park were great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Hello Roadwarrior! Just want to take the time to thank you for your review of our hotel. We too, love Christmas in the Park, a long time tradition in the Logan area. I have three little girls, and every year after our Christmas Party here at the hotel, we all load up and take the ride. It continues to get more impressive every year. Safe travels to you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2012

When we arrived the first thing we noticed was how friendly the staff was, second was the cleanliness of our room. We had one small issue that we had to call the front desk about and had staff at our door almost before I hung the phone up. Overall it was a great place to stay, so much that I decided to write this review. I really wish I could remember the young mans name that was working front desk around 5 pm on Dec 17th because he was one of the politest people I have ever meet! Great job Best Western, you got my buisness if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
rkveton, Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
I would like to thank you for your kind words. The young gentleman you are speaking of is Patrick, and I will be sure to pass this on to him. Your comments reassure our hard work and dedication to providing Superior Customer Service, and our vision of Leading The Industry in Superior Customer Care is being noticed. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife is originally from Logan WV. We came down and stays after very much thought in the best western Logan inn. We stays from Friday the 12 of October 2012 to Sunday the 14 2012. They stay was very uncomfortable. The beds were hard a a rock even my 5 year old son said he didn't like the bed which says a lot. The pool is supposed to be heated. That's a lie. Friday night the pool was at around 60F. Asked the desk attendant how the pool cod be heated she advised me that the room has to heat up in order for the pool to heat up. Bogus. Saturday had some of my wife's friends and relatives come by and brought thier kids to swim in the pool again was not heated ( will be happy to provide their info to agree to these alligatipns about best western ) they come not put thier kids in the pool because it was cold the. Also. The unit on the wall that controls the heatin of the pool and room was broken didn't work. When Sunday came and it was time to checkout I spoke to the desk attendant named Patrick he is the tidies most disrespectful unappreciatfull hotel employee I have ever dealt with I spoke my concerns to Patrick and he proceeded to tell me I was wrong the pool is always heated and checked each 2 hours with a thermometer. Was told by Patrick that the hotel manager named randy woe not do anything for me and that I need to have a good day and I will never receive Any type of refund . I hope that no one has to deal with this hotel attendant Patrick in the future and I also hope that no one has to deal with the manager named randy who I have left 2 messages for and also my wife has left a message for And have not received a call back
I am sorry to write such a bad review on a good chained hotel but maybe it needed to be heard. I could have gone down the road and spent the same amount of money at holiday inn and have had a greater Experiance there.

• Stayed October 2012
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Andrsn1014
rkveton, Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Mr. Anderson, I do want to apologize for your experience with our hotel. I also want to apologize to you that I did not respond personally, however, my Assistant General Manager, Margaret Spano has spoken to both you and your wife and it is my understanding we did resolve this issue with you. Not an excuse, but Margaret was handling this due to some personal medical issues I am dealing with. I can assure you this is not the norm for experiences with our hotel and I will be handling the employee issues you had to deal with. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to prove to you this in not the way I run my hotel and your experience will not be repeated. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the future.

Randy Kveton, CHO
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Was shocked, normally my experiences with B/W weren't always the best. We were met with smiling faces and gracious attitudes, we arrived a little earlier than reccomened check in time and were given our room keys and even shown several attractions of the hotel. Rooms were really clean, front desk more than happy and polite when asked questions reguarding local attractions. We had AC, hot bath water and a decent CONTINENTAL breakfast.... Not BUFFET. So if you don't know what Continental means, muffins, donuts, yourt, fresh fruit and some juices. As for going somewhere and low balling them because of an Act of God... You should have left and spent $$$ and time elsewhere instead of brooding for an uncontrolable element that you nor I have any control over and are looking for SOMETHING for NOTHING....Sorry just saying.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Chuck S
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us! Your comments put a huge smile on my face, as it did my fellow staff members. We continue to strive to be the BEST and your comments help to let us know we are doing things right. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again when in our area.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We checked in during the wind storm that hit the area at the end June. First night no power. No problem. We were just glad to have a room. The desk clerk who checked us in did a good job under the conditions, he walked us to our rooms with a flashlight. There was no air conditioning but the room was pretty cool due to the storm. The next day we were a little upset they didn't have anything out for breakfast. I understand they had no power but you don't need power to put out fruit, Danish, muffins etc. Anything would have been a plus. They were no restaurants open in the area due to the power outage and ate a donut from a gas station. Came back to the room that night and we had lights, no air and no water. Sleeping that night was almost impossible due to no air and not being able to open the windows. A flashlight I carry in my car. I guess I will have to start traveling with a fan. They had no control over these outages but none of the staff once asked us if there was something they could do for us or something they could help us with. Some of the oter guests took buckets of water to their room to put in the toilet to flush it but we are physically unable to do that. I think I would have been a little more understanding if the staff had actually acted as if they cared about their guests. I have sent an email to the company and will not stay at another best western if we are charged full price for the two rooms we booked. Mother nature was the cause of the problems in the hotel but the staff at this hotel has a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
I would like to personally apologize for your experience while staying with us through the storm. I am in no way justifying the way you feel you were treated but that was a crazy weekend and we are still dealing with over 30,000 people just in our area still without power. We were planning to evacuate the hotel, but quickly found out our guests had no where to go as there were over 350K people without power in WV and another 200k+ in VA. I was here throughout the whole weekend and wish you would have asked to speak to me at some point during your stay. We would have been more than happy to try to help you had we known. By reading our other reviews, you can see we go above and beyond in customer service and again I do apologize for your experience and do hope you will give us the opportunity to prove this to you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very pleased with my first visit, that is the reason for my second visit and I will stay again when in the area. My room was spotless, the cleanest room that I have ever stayed in. The best maid service in the U.S. I just cant say enough good things about the staff. I would recommend this Best Western to my very best friends. Thank you for a very good visit.

Room Tip: If you are traveling on route 119 through logan county W.VA. and a room for a night or a week, you c...