“pleasant”

Best Western Logan Inn
Best Western Logan Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chapmanville
Reviewed 21 March 2014

very clean , covenient , and friendly , close to everything that i needed, staff very professional, there was no noise in the hallways like most places huddle house right across the street they even deliever, coffe and drinks in the lobby which was very helpful, overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our hotel. We always appreciate positive feedback, as it lets us know we are doing our jobs. We strive to be the BEST in our market and treat each and every guest like family. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here as an overnight stay on my way back home to Toronto. For some reason, I had expected small town charm, what I got instead was big time indifference and lack of interest. Right from the parking lot to the inside of the hotel, it is a great let down both lacking in any form of welcome. There are only 5 parking spots in the front of the hotel which were occupied when I arrived in the late afternoon, around 4:30PM, the parking lot to the side of the hotel was empty, and I was the only one parked there. The front of the hotel is unswept, entrance into the hotel also dirty and needed to be vacuumed or swept up, the front desk dingy, the front desk clerk uninterested and lacking manners of welcome and smile. Sometime later in the evening I went to my car to get something, and found the parking lot rather un-illuminated, felt uncomfortable about how dark the locale is.

My room was clean, the bathroom clean though it had spots of paint chipped off, and was without a shower curtain when I arrived. The Internet service was intermittent. I had to sign in several times through the course of 2 hours. The breakfast is utter waste of time, even the coffee was awful with only powdered whitener.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

I would like to apologize for your experience while visiting our hotel. As you can see by most all of our feedback, this is not the norm. I can assure you we are taking your concerns seriously, and addressing each and every one of them. We do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to prove this to you. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Stayed for one evening on my way south for the winter.

Interesting place, nicely decorated for the season. Check in and out both went smoothly.

Room was as anticipated, a bit dated, but large and comfortable. There was a full sized bar in the room, but they forgot to stock it.

Huge bonus points for the indoor pool. Spotlessly clean and very warm. Pleasant to end a long day's travel with a swim.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for the kind remarks. I am glad you found our pool both relaxing and refreshing. We do hope you will stay with us again on your travels back north. Safe travels.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

There was no counter space in the bathroom for toiletries. I expected to have WIFI. It would not connect. The person at the front deck did not have the knowledge to assist me. This was inconvenient and frustrating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I want to personally apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations while staying with us. We strive in being the BEST place to stay in Logan County, and we did not achieve this with you. The Wi-fi instructions are available at the front desk, and my clerk should have been able to assist you in that issue. I will make sure this does not happen again in the future. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove to you why we are the BEST place to stay, safe travels!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

overall, nice hotel. good size room, clean. bed wasn't as comfortable as most other Best Westerns. only problem was the drain in the bathtub. was standing in ankle deep water by the time my shower was done.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback as it allows us to be only better. I do apologize for the drain issue you experienced and assure you we will have it corrected. Thank you again for choosing Best Western Logan Inn and safe travels!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good large rooms, clean room and bathroom, good location for atv trails, breakfast okay (waffles, cereals, etc, no eggs or sausages), staff attentive but they were not really busy at all when i was there and watched tv a lot. This is a basic Best Western, reasonable stay with basic restaurant very close by.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

I appreciate your time and comments. I will address the front desk issues with my staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe travels!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I had a choice between Holiday Inn in Logan and this place, normally having a good experience at Best Western I decided to stay here. I arrived at 8 pm October 14, the counter girl was watching tv in the lounge and I assume got mad because she had to get up. I inquired about a room and she rudely said all we have are doubles and the elevator is "recently not working" The place smelled bad, I had to call back to the desk to get a Wifi password, the ice machine does not work. The bathroom sink has not been cleaned, the shower is dirty. There are no vending machines on the floors, only in the lobby. So the elevator being broke get ready for a hike back down for a drink, better buy two. Next time I am staying at Holiday Inn, these people are rude, ignorant and way behind times. The facility needs work. I stay in a lot of rooms working, lots of different companies, this place is bad

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Logan
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 32Customer
rkveton, General Manager at Best Western Logan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

32Customer - I apologize for your recent stay with us. I can assure you your experience was not the norm. I would like to address the elevator issue - our elevator was down for two days because the elevator company had to do their preventive maintenance. I do apologize for the experience you had with our front desk staff and can promise you it will not happen again. We are very honored and take great pride in receiving the Director's Award from Best Western International for 13 straight years and thank you for your comments to advise us where we need to improve. I know you have choices as to where to stay and I apologize you were dissatisfied with us. I ask, if you at any time requested to speak to a manager. I would love for you to contact me as you have no profile and I am unable to locate any record of your stay with us. I wish you all the best and safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapmanville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logan
#1 of 3 in Williamson
Hatfield McCoy House
Hatfield McCoy House
#3 of 3 in Williamson

Been to Best Western Logan Inn? Share your experiences!