“Better than before but still not a lot for your money”
Review of Dish - CLOSED

Dish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been to Dish twice recently and although it has improved it's still not what I would hope for in an expensive restaurant. The chicken dish I had for dinner was good but for the price I would expect to be served bread or a salad with the meal. I tried the curried chicken salad for lunch, it wasn't bad but didn't have much curry flavor. It's a shame because we really need good restaurants in town, I hope they continue to improve.
On a positive note the atmosphere is nice and they have a nice patio outside which allows dogs so I enjoyed that.

1  Thank Caroline M
There are newer reviews for Dish

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Dish is equivalent to a mid-level modern bistro -- casual atmosphere, but well-prepared, fresh food. My husband ordered the pork chop, which was really a thick piece of boneless pork, moist and delectably charred with a finishing sauce. I had the pan-seared scallops, which were perfectly cooked. Salads are inventive with fresh seasonal ingredients. The server divided one salad for us on two plates.

The wine list is varied enough to suit every taste. There are more wines by the glass than we usually find, and the server offered us a taste of a particular wine before we committed to ordering it.

There aren't many mid-range restaurants in the Harpers Ferry-Charles Town area. Dish is a good choice.

2  Thank dmnickel
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We recently tried Dish for the first time for lunch. Our waitress was sweet, the setting was comfortable and the food was pretty darn terrific. It is nice to see another restaurant like this in the four state region so that we don't need to drive the whole way to DC or Baltimore to enjoy good food. We can't wait to return so that we can try some of the features on the dinner menu.

2  Thank jandj1992
Reviewed 15 April 2014

over priced, small portions, limited menu, too yuppy for area. This is the type of restaurant that you would find in Georgetown

2  Thank toobs47
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have eaten at Dish on many occasions during the past six months. The menu is based on local and seasonal foods, and changes every three months or so. Sometimes the meals are exceptional and sometimes just OK... it depends on who is the chef du jour and the supplies on hand. The locally-grown beef dishes are reliably excellent and the specials are fine also as are the salads. When the chef ventures off into new territory the results can be disappointing, e.g. soggy quiches. The wine list is a credit to a small restaurant and bar service is exceptional. The wait staff are well trained and on the ball. The atmosphere is relaxed and the dining room nicely appointed. Dish is closed on Sundays and Mondays, and the kitchen closes at 8:30 pm on week nights.