“You can't do any better.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
DCJim1
“You can't do any better.”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great clean affordable rooms.....wonderful food, a great bar. Walking distince to the track but they also have shuttle service. An old time gem that knows about survice. It's great....I'll be going back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank DCJim1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
east coast
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We stayed the night of 5/24/13. We were very pleased with this hotel. We paid $89.60 including tax for a friday night stay. I think a very good price.The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The beds were comfy as well as clean.The room had a fridge single serve coffee pot and microwave. The motel is close enough to walk to the casino or you can opt to take the shuttle. We waited less than 10 minutes for it to arrive. It was very quiet over night and in the morning too. They have an 11:00 check out time.The only down fall was the shower was very low. Im 5'7 and had to duck to rinse my hair. Not a big deal to me but maybe to a 6ft guy it would be. LOL The free breakfast was good and the seating area was nice. We will stay again with out a doubt.

Room Tip: they have both smoking and non smoking rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jetteye
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This had to be the best Bachelorette Party experience ever! The staff was super friendly and accomodating! There were great memories made here! They catered to us, and made sure we had absolutely everything we needed!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was VERY pleased with my stay at the Turf Motel. Myself and 7 friends went to Charles Town for a Bachelorette party and we felt like rockstars. The hotel staff were so accomadating, friendly and hiliarous. We had a great time at the Lounge for karoke night, the Rib Room for the complimentary breakfast and dinner and hanging out with Richard, the token golf-cart security. We stayed in a room with 3 pull out couches and a king size bed. I won't lie and say the pull-outs were very comfortable because they were not but the bed was comfortable. The room was spacious and clean, plenty of space for all 8 girls. I highly recommend the Turf Motel and look forward to my next trip. We worked directly with Dwayne to set up our stay. I encourage anyone who wants a cheap, fun stay to stay at the Turf.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed at this motel with a bachelorette party last weekend and was blown away by how customer service oriented everyone at this establishment was. From check in to check out, everything we needed or requested was taken care of with no questions asked. The room was clean and fully stocked with towels, clean blankets, etc. The price was unbeatable as was the customer service. The food at the restuarant was out of this world and the hotel bar was a blast. This will now be my go to spot if ever in Charles Town again. Recommed staying here over one of the higher priced hotels in the area. The shuttle from the casino is here every 10-15 minutes. Can't be the quality and price of this place!

frederick
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for a night away. From the time I walked in to check in I was amazed at how professional and friendly everyone was. The room was very clean. Dinner was outstanding! We liked the atmosphere so much we decided to hang out there all night long instead of the casino. I definitely give this motel 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank luvanimals00
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We made a quick trip to Hollywood Casino 9-10 March 2013 and was unable to be accomodated at the Hampton Inn (my favorite now). The Inn was also booked, but they recommended the Turf Motel. If you have ever been in the area, you will recognize it for the life sized horse statue atop the portico. For $105 per nite, we were provided a 2-bedroom apartment. There were separate bedrooms, very comfortable beds, sparkling clean remodeled bathroom along with a large living room with table, two comfortable upholstered chairs, frig, microwave and coffeemaker. The sheets were clean and crisp. Located on the first floor of the annex across the parking lot from the lobby, we anticipated a very noisy night ahead when we arrived around 4 p.m., as there were several young males hanging out on the balcony in the apartment above drinking beer. We took the complimentary shuttle to the casino and returned around 9 p.m. for dinner in the hotel's restaurant. I was amazed at the quality of the food. Crab cakes are a specialty and on that particular night, crab soup in a bread bowl was a special. It was fabulous and the bread bowl was out of this world (I ate it!). I asked if the bread was baked in-house and the waitress told me their breads were made by a local baker and brought in daily. Along with a crisp green salad with great homemade blue cheese dressing, it was a memorable meal. My companion ordered the rib dinner and he was very pleased. The total was less than $30! We will never have dinner at the casino again!
We returned to our room and never heard a sound from above or elsewhere all evening. A home cooked breakfast is provided beginning at 8 a.m., but we had checked out by that time.
It isn't the Hampton Inn, but is an older family owned facility that has been remodeled many times. We will definitely not hesitate to stay there again.

All in all, it was an amazing deal for a Saturday night. Clean, basic, very spacious, slightly outdated, but had every thing we needed.

Need to mention the large TV in the front room couldn't get a 'signal', but there were working TV's in each of the bedrooms. We traveled there for the casino...not TV anyway. We didn't bother calling about it.

Room Tip: All the regular rooms were sold out, therefore we booked the apartment. I'm certain the room ra...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!