“Fantabulous!”
Review of Redbook Restaurant

Redbook Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Redbook Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Charles Town
Price range: US$45 - US$65
Cuisines: American, European, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In a league all its own. Using the freshest seasonal and local ingredients, our talented culinary team create a fine dining pre fixe experience!
Reviewed 16 July 2013

WOW is an understatement! Every morsel is better than the previous one! There are no menus, so be prepared to be pleasantly surprised. If you really need to know what is being served, you can call the day of your reservation to find out. We were delighted with one of the freshest and quite possibly the best salad we've ever had as our first course. Second course was scallops and thin slices of steak served to perfection. We thought we couldn't eat any more until we were served an unusual presentation of red velvet cake that just had to be tried. Five course meals are offered, but that is quite a bit of food. Reservations are required and it is highly recommended you be on time as the waitress had just a bit of an attitude. She was great once we were seated.

We didn't have a room reservation but were given a private tour of rooms that were not booked. Call the reservation desk for a specialist to help you determine the accommodations that will work best for you. Take a walk around the premises as the grounds are immaculately landscaped. Can't wait to go back and stay the night!

1  Thank 636StephanieC
Hillbrook, Owner at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

“WOW is an understatement!,” is a wonderful statement to read! Thank you for your kind words and description of the dining experience at Hillbrook Inn! We have a very talented culinary team to work beside and appreciate all they have brought to the inn! I will talk to the serving staff about arrivals of guests.
I am happy to hear that you were able to tour our Inn as well as the grounds. We look forward to future visits.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Chef's Justin and Jim make unique meals with the freshest ingredients. Definitely recommend eating dinner here if you're staying at the inn. You won't want to miss it!

Thank you for giving feedback about Chef Justin and Chef Jim! We are blessed to have them as part of our team. Not only because they are fantastic at what they do, but more importantly they are wonderful people to work beside!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Cooked to perfection and served with smashed red potatoes and garden carrots. Breakfast the next morning equally delicious, eggs Benedict and baked strawberries topped with the Inn's signature granola. These two chefs have taken dining at the Hillbrook to the next level, can't wait to return

Thank you for sharing your "Hillbrook Culinary Experience". It is deeply appreciated! Chef Justin and Naysa were the culinary team behind those meals and we have to give them credit. They add so much to the Inn and all it has to offer. Thank you for noticing and sharing it with others.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Small and intimate, there is one small dining room that only fits about 10 people. There is one sitting with delicious food!!!

I am happy to hear that you find Hillbrook to be "cozy and romantic". We have done our best to create an atmosphere that is comfortable for guests to enjoy and spend time together. Thank you for taking the time to write about it!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining here for Valentine's Day. What a beautiful place this is! It was like driving up to a fairytale. It is decorated like I would expect a European castle to be on the inside and we were seated near a beautiful roaring fire. My husband had the filet mignon and said it was the best he has ever eaten. He started planning when our next special occasion was so he could eat here again. This is a first. I, however, wish there was more for me to eat. I do not eat steak so I had an improvised meal which consisted of three small shrimp and two small scallops on a skewer with a handful of rice and veggies. I had been served cream of asparagus soup beforehand which was not very tasty so I was quite ready for a full meal. I consider my main entree to be an appetizer and mind you, I am not a big eater. Dessert was light and delicious though and the service was excellent. I really feel for all the servers carting our food and dishes up and down the stairs! I highly recommend staying or eating here at least once. I just hope when I return that there will be perhaps some bread for me to eat, a choice of soup or salad, and a decent sized main entree. I went home and ate some more and after the money we spent- that was just a little on the ridiculous side.

Hillbrook, Manager at Redbook Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I have shared it with our culinary team and hope you enjoy your next visit as much as you did your first. Your kind comments are deeply appreciated!