“Average for a white trash motel”

Motel 6 Charles Town
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Annapolis, Maryland
“Average for a white trash motel”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

If you're looking for a cheap white trash no frills but clean-ish motel, this is it. Front desk attendant was there to be warm body.

They did let us have a late check out because we were waiting for the rain to let up before we left to go tubing which was greatly appreciated, I know this delayed the housekeeping staff which costs them more money.

I'd go back. If you're looking for something other than a dirt cheap motel with no frills, go somewhere else and don't complain on here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The Northgate Inn keeps on going south. I ended up here again. After being here three years ago the same shoddy places got even worse. I tried to book two places and there was nothing available and there was a car accident further up the road. The reason I didn't give this a horrible rating was because the cable worked barely. The tv was out of wack and there was huge line through it. The sheets were clean. I did not need a wake up call since the air conditioner grate fell off to wake me up in the morning. For a cheap hotel it was still kind of crappy and I think I enjoyed some of the camping I did this trip better. Keep on going up the road or go camping instead.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Charles Town hotels

gainesville, fl.
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Easy to find and a huge discount from the EconoLodge in Harpers Ferry, it's worth the savings, and not a bad value, but as so often seems to be the case when a property is run by Patels, the attitude of the staff and the quality of the product are lacking. It is in a safe area, quiet, and comfortable, close to eating and shopping.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Southern Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel a year ago and I could just barely handle it even though the owner was very helpful. So when my sister & I were heading to Charles Town this past weekend, I made a reservation to stay again as we were looking for value too. Well unfortunately as soon as we drove into the lot, we just knew we could not stay here. There were old mattresses sitting in the breezeway and the entire property just did not look so good. It had really gone downhill in that year. It's just an old, tired, tired building and there really isn't much more to say. We were lucky to find another great hotel for our stay. I will say that the rooms are pretty neat & clean but again it's just a tired, old building. Sorry Northgate Inn but we won't stay again. Oh wait, there is one positive note - Linda at the front desk was very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BessieKM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I attend an event every Spring in the area and have stayed here before. It's a total budget motel and I know that. But, this last time was really bad (cigarette burn holes in the blanket, soap the size of Chiclets, walls still roughly patched with drywall compound from a year or two ago....and on and on...)

The clincher of my less that positive review is that someone I know was staying there too and had their car vandalized. The local law enforcement told him that he should avoid this place. OK, good enough advice for me.

Bottom line.....need a cheap room and willing to take a chance? Go for it. Me? I'll never go back.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else, please. I don't want to see anyone get hurt or their property defaced.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank dfgdave
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The room was filthy and smelled terrible!!! The curtains where falling off of the curtain rod and when we tried to turn on the ceiling fan it almost fell out of the ceiling and hit my husband in the head. When we requested a refund for the room the the clerk informed us that he does not have to code to issue refunds and that we would have to call the owner on Monday. Everytime we try to get intouch with the owner a Mr. Patel he doesnt seem to be available. We r persuing refund via credit card complany. Will never ever ever think to stay in this hotel. Poor customer service and over all a giant DUMP!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank None L
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The hotel is a BUDGET hotel, know that going in and you won't be dissapointed. The desk clerk was very nice, one of the best desk clerks I have come across in my travels.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Route 340.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Motel 6 Charles Town? Share your experiences!