“We liked that hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Earth
“We liked that hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

All staff members without exception say "good morning", "hello", "see you", etc. Very pleasant.
Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet.
Breakfast was good and sufficient, no item was missing.
The worker at breakfast room asked if there is anything we need and even took our dishes after we have eaten, we didn't mean it and didn't ask it, very nice.
The hotel looks new, the elevator is spacious and the corridors are wide.
We recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mustang, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The only downside was that housekeeping pulls the key out of the power switch which kills the a/c. I am paying for the room and should be able to keep the a/c on to my room if I wish. The location to the horse track was perfect and the staff was very friendly at the front desk. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Fairly new hotel with all of the amenities you would expect. Best in the area. Room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The area has limited dining options other than the adjacent casino.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Virginia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My friends and I had a lovely weekend at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Charles Town. It is an excellent hotel from the amenities to the friendly staff. Most important to me was the very comfortable beds. Visitors here won't be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Maylilie
Charlestown, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The hotel is in excellent condition and the staff is wonderful. The lobby and common areas are well kept and have plenty of space. The location is good with new route nine providing easy access to just about everything in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Richard V
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This accommodation reflected our overall experience with the hampton Inns that we've stayed at so far; clean, neat and very comfortable. We had a good sized room with a comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning was tasty and there was a range of food choices. The staff were friendly and we enjoyed our stay. We would recommend this accommodation to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cath_and_Ben
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The second floor ( my Floor ) had a smell of low tide on the Bayou, it was really bad. The carpet needed a shampoo and looked worn, you could see traffic patterns in the carpet The cooling system was extremely hard to adjust to any comfort level There was a lot of traffic in the hallway, either a lot of Uncles were taking their young nieces on a one night vacation, or they were travel guides for single men, Get IT? The internet was extremely slow, even in the middle of the night, which made my Ipad useless. The microwave and the refrigerator were not anchored making their use dangerous and very inconvenient. You had to hold both to keep them from tipping. In the case of the microwave a heated beverage spilled several times because of tipping. The coffee maker was adequate but leaked several times. Having "outside quests" with their "uncles" made me feel less than happy. Maybe they were from the Casino across the street on their break? I certainly didn't expect that kind of traffic staying in a Hampton! I could have stayed in a much less expensive hotel and gotten the same thing. It really ruined my Hampton experience!! There were several "stink bugs" in my room I told the front desk and they said they would remove them. After returning from dinner we found several more. I asked the staff to spray the room and they said that they would take care of it. Another thing that bothered me is the front desk was less than helpful when asked where to dine. They also were not knowledgeable about the surrounding area. That is definitely not what I expected. The gas station attendant and the Walgreens clerk were better informed. Again not what I expected from Hampton. There were only a few activity flyers in the business center, the front desk didn't even have a simple map of the area. Sad! It would have been nice to have milk in the freezer for coffee next to the front desk. I had to go to out to get it for coffee. We can't drink those small creamers due to medical reasons. To rate my overall experience at your facility I would generously give it a 60/100. The thought was there, it just never came to a reality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

PatrickRPimlico, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Wow. Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback as it helps us become an even better hotel for our guests. It saddens us that you were so disappointed with your recent stay. So I can better understand and address your specific comments and concerns, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these with you. At Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town, we care and you matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town? Share your experiences!