“Not family friendly - I was asked to leave the parking lot”

Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
More attraction details
Owner description: With nearly 5,000 slots, over 100 tables, live thoroughbred racing and 7 delicious dining options, the Hollywood treatment is yours for the taking.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Is it a crime to let your spouse gamble once in a while? The management sure thinks that way.
The casino staff asked us to leave the premises when seeing my 10 year old son and my 15 year old daughter with me.
Be prepared to inhale secondary smoke as this is a cigarette factory.

Will not go there again.

1  Thank FoodieFrom20147
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races

Reviewed 17 June 2014

After a four-hour drive, arrived at the casino parking in the East Garage. Walked into the casino and it was like walking into a cigarette smoke machine (ugh). During our annual Las Vegas trips, we stay in downtown and I don't mind cigarette smoke but this was stifling. We took a break to check into our hotel and when we returned, we parked in the West Garage. The smoke seems less stifling on this side (or we were perhaps expecting it). The non-smoking area is very small. and the slots are severely dated. We did see folks hitting small jackpots (Wheel of Fortune $2,000-congrats). The grounds are beautifully maintained and the parking garage is very clean. We had noodles at the food court which were fair. It is a scenic drive in this part of the state and we enjoyed seeing Harper's Ferry. Also, the Hampton Inn is a terrific new hotel - very clean with a delicious, included breakfast. I've heard of Charles Town for years and I'm glad I visited, just won't be returning to this casino.

2  Thank Ineedsumnow
Reviewed 15 June 2014

For a recent birthday celebration, several of us took the scenic drive to Charles Town to try our luck on the slots and table games. During the day the casino floor was not too busy, so there was less smoke but likewise few blackjack tables open. The nonsmoking tables used to be better located and of more options, but midweek we just played the slots. The variety of slot machines is extensive and the floor of the casino massive. If you come with friends make sure to set a time and place to meet because getting lost is easy here. A good place to meet is The Epic Buffet with hot and cold options to meet any diners' tastes. No persons under 21 years of age can enter unlike Las Vegas where children can walk through the casinos with adults.

3  Thank KLE2013
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The last time I visited this casino was 2010 and I did not like it because the atmosphere seemed dreary. This visit the atmosphere was much better but the place is just too large. I am glad they have a really large non-smoking section but the smoke wasn't that bad the night I went. Still, I was left with a terrible smoke hangover the next day. In the end, they had a lot of machines I like to play. I had fun and broke even.

2  Thank Outlaw50
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Was here last weekend to meet friends for dinner and the races. I have been here several times. Love the decor which is both Hollywood themed and western. The Epic Buffet has raised its prices but food was excellent. We were there on Saturday night and had prime rib and seafood. Many side dish options and great desserts. My brother liked the salad. We watched the horse races and enjoyed being a part of the crowd and fresh air. You can watch from grand stand as well. There is also a food court there and an upscale restaurant with Hollywood theme. You have big parking garages, quick food choices by the track and many slot machines and table games. I wish they would ban smoking from the casino. Pam is nice that works at betting station inside.
I plan to go back later this year. Love to watch the horses. Go here and see for yourself . You wont be disappointed.!

4  Thank Tia B