Stayed here July 28, 2011-July 31, 2011. When I checked in they upgraded me (w/o me asking) to a corner room suite. It was VERY large. Check-in experience was excellent. Very fast, friendly, and efficient. They had 3 separate check in desks so that process worked smoothly for everyone. The corner room ste had a huge livingroom area with chair, couch, end tables, table & chairs for eating, big TV, Wet bar area w/refrig, micro, sink. The frig was nice but desparately needed the little freezer defrosted. Bathroom was nice size..curved shower rod..wasn't real fond of the shower head..not the high power kind as in other hotels but OK. Tub was a little grungy around the edges & corners and there was hair in the corners of the bathroom but overall it was surface clean. Bedroom area was very large with alot of room for people & luggage. Beds were comfortable and room temp pleasant. Pool area was very nice but there were so many people in it each evening that the noise was deafening so we did not utilize the pool but one night. Now....Breakfast...that's another story. VERY NICE buffet breakfast and a made-to-order egg/omelet bar that was run very smoothly and efficiently. The buffet had scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, fresh fruit, homemade biscuits & sausage gravy, and some other items maybe oatmeal, cream of wheat ? Nice selections of breads, pastries, and drinks. Huge area in the lobby/atrium with plenty of tables to sit and eat. Food was all very good and fresh and good temperature. The lobby area is gorgeous at this hotel..open all the way to the top. Lots of plants, greenery, waterfalls with fish, and areas to sit & relax. I absolutely loved this hotel and can't wait to return to Charleston to stay here again. My son got food from the restaurant in the lobby and was pleased with it for quality and price. Just two Cons: parking is inconvenient (price was incl. in our rate) but it was difficult for taking luggage esp. on checkout. Parking lot was very small & crowded so coming out of the garage to just load luggage was not really a good option. So we all toted the stuff to the parking garage. The other con...do not walk around your room in your bare feet...the carpet needs some good deep cleaning! Overall.....A+++
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Charleston is centrally located in Charleston, WV close to many local restaurants, shopping and more. Enjoy a meal at the onsite restaurant, the Athletic Club Bar and Grill, or visit one of Charleston’s many restaurants. Mingle with other guests at a complimentary manager's reception, held daily each evening. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Featured amenities include a business center, indoor pool and spa tub, WiFi (surcharge), express check-out, multilingual staff and more. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours. Parking (subject to charges) is conveniently located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites