“Embassy Suites - Thanksgiving Holiday Trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Embassy Suites - Thanksgiving Holiday Trip”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

must have been short staffed - room not cleaned, service slow or not at all for housekeeping - other services were good. good location but the charge for parking is high in my opinion. Breakfast was good - no USA Today paper delivered

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry you did not get the services you expected and deserve. We did let most of our staff go early to spend time with their family however that is no excuse for not meeting your needs. We do hope you will return to see that we are capable of the servicse you have come to expect for us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I loved this hotel. It was my first time in Charleston. My flight was delayed multiple times. When I called the hotel, they came right away to pick me up from the airport. My driver, Butch, gave me a great history lesson of the city and pointed out the sites as we drove to the hotel. When I arrived, staff went out of their way to meet my needs. The evening reception and morning breakfast were phenomenal. This is a great place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for the review will look forward to your return.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for a state meeting and was tired when I arrived. I had about a four hour drive and was ready to kick back and relax, before participating in the meeting the next morning. I had a very relaxing evening and I loved the walk in shower in the bathroom, which was just what I needed after the long ride. The bed was very comfortable and I got a wonderful night of restful sleep. The meals that I had while I was there were excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. The staff were excellent as well and made me feel welcome. The Happy Hour is a plus too, with free drinks and snacks.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are very comfortable and have been remodeled.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your stay and taking the time to send us your comments we will be sure to share with the staff.
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for a conference. I had read the online reviews and was hesitant due to several negative comments. I have to say that I was pleasant,y surprised. The rooms are very nice, spacious and clean. The staff was super helpful and the food very tasty. Free drinks in the afternoon and a great breakfast bar. The lactation is great too. Very close to several shopping areas and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad L
Thank you for the review we will share with our staff.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Nice suites, free breakfast n managers evening, next to Charleston shopping mall.I would really appreciate if they had a walkway passage or covered link between the parking and hotel because in our 3 day stay it was raining most of the time and with two kids I have to walk in rain every time to get the car or go back to hotel.For future renovations they should keep this in mind, overall we had a nice stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
We thank you for taking the time to write a comment we will be sure to share with our staff.
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at this location twice in July.

2nd stay was far from what I expected from this brand. Cigarette burns on the Couch(hidden by cushion) Out of Date Items in Gift basket in the room.

Wake up call never given. Luckily, the agent at Delta was able to get me on stand by and I was able to catch the next flight out.

In house restaurant left a lot to be desired on flavor and less hair in the food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John W
Gibsonville, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at this conveniently located hotel one weekend a year, every year for several years and hope to continue. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, the staff is always pleasant and the surroundings are restful and pleasing. The breakfast buffet is very good and the evening cocktail hour is acceptable. The desk is very responsive to any requests, complaints, etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends