“Family Christmas”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, United States
“Family Christmas”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our family met here for our family Christmas and had a wonderful time. The complimentary breakfast was delicious. We were given adjoining rooms which was nice for togetherness. The children loved the pool.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Thank you for the kind comments. All feedback helps us improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Location is perfect next to mall so we could get our preparations done for the wedding! we were from out of town and the hotel staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Breakfast could use some improving but for the $ it was a good deal. we could like to revisit one day when we had some more time.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. We will be sure to share with the staff.
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Very comfortable hotel in the heart of Charleston. We stayed here as part of a wedding party in November. The hotel is very close to the mall and many restaurants. The breakfast buffet was good, and included a chef that would prepare ome lets, pancakes, and other items to order. The suite large and comfortable and the king size bed was great. Parking is a bit expensive and is not included in the room rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you for the comments. We will be sure to share with our staff.
Charleston, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I attended an event in Charleston and chose to stay at the Embassy even though I also reside in Charleston. It was a great night out for my husband and I. Upon check in, we felt like we were on vacation. The room was large and very nice. We attended the evening reception that we both enjoyed and also took advantage of the breakfast the next morning. Both of those events were a great added bonus. Hotel staff was friendly and it was convinent to the mall and the event I was attending. The only negative is the cost of parking and the location of parking. The parking lot is actually shared with the mall. I paid $12 for parking as a hotel guest. I could have paid $1.75 as a mall shopper. I think this should not be a required fee unless valet is offered for this price. Overall though, I had a great experience and look forward to staying again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the parking fee we do not own the parking gargage, the city charges us for its use. Again thank you for the comments and we will share with our team.
Delbarton, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Embassy Suites is my favorite place to stay in Charleston, WV no matter the purpose. Not only are the rooms clean and spacious, but also you have a staff that is very helpful and they serve their customers very well. My only complaint is having to pay for wifi.

New York City
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel was clean and decorated pretty nicely for a lower-budget hotel, and it was definitely in a good location (close to shopping area, right across from a JC Penney). The room was also quite large. The biggest problem is the service:
Housekeeping didn't visit/make up my room after my first night
I ordered food--pizza and a bottle of wine. The pizza was good, though since it look about 5 minutes I'm guessing they just heated it up. The wine came in a Bud Light bucket filled with ice and was plopped down on the table with a bottle opener inside it. They said to leave the pizza box outside the door when I was ready - in the morning they still hadn't picked it up. They also marked it up outrageously high--my wine, which retails for about $15 a bottle, was $38. I know it's common practice to mark wine up, but that was excessive. Note that they also add a 18 or 20% tip (don't remember which) and a $2 delivery fee.
Also limited in terms of room service times - no breakfast, and they don't have food available all night (until 9 or 10pm I think?)
Note that there is no laundry service, though they do apparently have coin-operated machines.
I dealt with the same person at the front desk each time, when I checked in and checked out. Not very friendly and didn't know the area (I needed to get somewhere in the morning and asked if it was close and she wasn't sure). However, when I called down to reception in the evening I got someone else and she was very pleasant.
Overall - I wouldn't stay here for pleasure, but I was fine staying here for a short time.

Room Tip: Try to get on a higher floor. All of the rooms face an open area looking down into the lobby (if tha...
Green Features: It appears to be relatively environmentally-friendly--they have the not-uncommon card telling you to leave towels hung up if you don't want them washed. Other than that, I didn't notice anything especially environmentally friendly, I don't think.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lolalit0218
Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient and that you enjoyed your large room. However, I understand that you were not satisfied with the service that was provided for you. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with us and that you found some of our staff members to be inattentive towards you. I sincerely apologize for this. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel was beautifully decorated, clean, friendly, and easy to access. There are many amenities there that we were, unfortunately, unable to use due to the brevity of our stay. The complimentary breakfast was delicious! The dining area was clean and well tended. I also appreciated being allowed to fill my travel mug with coffee before leaving.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephen S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All comments are welcome and help us improve. We look forward to your return.