“Wonderful Experience .. Sad to Leave”

Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Four Points in Charleston, WV during a recent business trip for a conference. We checked in on April 29, 2014 and checked out on May 2, 2014. I had an absolutely wonderful experience. Check-in was quick and efficient. There was a slight problem with our air conditioner, but we only had to briefly mention it to the lady at the front desk and by the time we returned after dinner our room was very cool. The shuttle service was wonderful. My only suggestion about this service would be to add another shuttle for the airport. Also, the front desk should be honest about the wait time for the shuttle. There were a few occasions that we had to wait 20 or 30 minutes for the shuttle when the front desk said, "they'll be right there". When we would call back to see what had happened they would explain that they were at the airport or Corridor G. If we had been told the truth in the beginning then it wouldn't have been an issue at all. Overall, this service is great! Customer Service was great - no complaints! Gina is great! The pool was also nice. The room was clean and very nice - cozy! The bed was AMAZING! The pillows were probably my favorite part. I have never missed a hotel bed, but this bed was far better than my bed at home. If I ever find myself in Charleston and needing to stay in a hotel I will definitely stay here again. Staff became so familiar I felt like I was leaving friends behind. I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Charleston

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed one night here on route through Charleston. Overall I would say this is a very nice hotel. The exterior and interior are very well maintained and our room was fresh and modern. The bed was super comfy.

My only critics would be that they do not offer fridges in room. We are on an extensive trip and therefore carrying a cooler with drinks and snacks, and this was our first room in 10 days thus far that did not have a fridge or microwave.

Also, sound does seem to carry off the corridors. We were kept awake until 1:30 am but people that sounded like they were partying IN the corridor outside our room. Eventually I had to ring and ask Guest Services to do something about it! i was extremely tired after a busy week travelling and working and had been looking forward to a relaxing Saturday break here....so this kind of spoiled my stay! When I told the front desk in the morning - it turned out they had a wedding on and I think most of the guests must have been on my floor!

We were fortunate to have a river view which was very pretty.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank saramarsdenille
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here overnight on our way home from Myrtle beach. Staff we're extremely nice and welcoming. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel, food was also good. Our room had a nice waterfront view and clean. Highly recommended and will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wow... I was impressed with this hotel. Firstly, I travel a lot (100+ hotel nights last year) and am a SPG Platinum level guest. Secondly, I have been visiting Charleston for business for a few years and was happy to see a SPG property come to town. Below are a few notes from my stay.

- Hotel: Four Points are typically Starwood's "budget" full service brand. However, this does not feel like a budget hotel. The exterior and interior are trendy, swanky, and comfortable. The lobby is friendly and comfortable. I was impressed.

- Room: I was put in a suite on the 10th floor. It was a very nice two-room suite. A living area and separate bedroom. Nice TVs, nicely appointed, comfortable, good bathroom, well done.

- Service: Was great. Very friendly at check-in, very helpful, and knew be my name when I went back to lobby. Bug thumbs up.

- Area: Parking was free and it's located right downtown, on the river. Lots of restaurants and jogging trails near-by.

I have stayed at many Charleston hotels and this one will become my go-to. Very well done, great service, big thumbs up.

Room Tip: One facing the river. Nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful at the front desk. Great location right on the river and easy walking distance to several restaraunts and bars. The mall is also very close within a short walk. Very clean and comfortable. Only complaint is that the housekeeping always knocks on the door to early ( around 8:30) two mornings in a row.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel just opened this past January, It was completely refurbished. The rooms were excellent with no surprises and the Brian at registrations was as helpful as he could be. When in this area again, we definitely will be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Dale J, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear ehinz01,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be excellent and our staff to be helpful.

Again, I want to thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to Charleston!

Dale J, General Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Right on the waterfront. Great check in. Quiet area on a Sunday as most buildings around are judicial. Lovely lobby with bar and restaurant.
We had dinner in the hotel, burger and club sandwich as there is no other restaurants close by.
Free wi-fi but breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear geektrvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I’m pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We would love to have you stay with us again if/when your travels bring you back to Charleston, WV!

Again, thank you for your review and for your business!

Dale J, General Manager