“Clean, great location, friendly staff”

Charleston Marriott Town Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
“Clean, great location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very professional. Location was great. Would recommend anyone to stay at this property

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlienohio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Atenas, Costa Rica
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Room was clean and the staff helpful. We book three rooms and only one of them was available at 4 30 pm even though they had a check in time at 4pm. It wasn't untill 6pm that the third room was available We stayed many times in downtown Charleston this was the first time at this Marriott and we will not return. At the price they charge it would have been nice to have breakfast like the other downtown hotels have available.

Room Tip: Stay at embassy suites
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank GeraldHirsh
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Although the staff was friendly and courteous, they could not make up for the fact that this hotel was the oldest Marriott I've ever seen. Looks like it was converted to a Marriott from something else. Old carpets and curtains. Dark hallway, few windows. Old elevator. I will never return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank DerbyForever
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The hotel did not reserve the room I booked for my wife and I, which was a King Suite. In stead I received two Full Sized bed, which was a problem at 6'5" tall. I informed the manager who did not compensate, but instead told me to make sure I put in a stronger request for the correct bed. In order words, It was not their fault that they sold my room. In addition, the room was not cleaned completely. Marriot I am an unsatisfied customer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rabbi2000
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Sometimes the marriott is just not worth the price. Most of the time it is a great experience and you feel like you are staying at a top notch hotel. The Charleston Marriott is not one of those experiences. The Atlanta, Niagara Falls, and NYC Marriotts are good examples of quality Marriott hotels I have visited. The Charleston fits into the same category as the Richmond Virginia and Greensboro North Carolina Marriott. It has the brand name but doesn't seem to execute. For example when I approached the Charleston front desk to check in someone from behind the counter yelled "we are booked up you need to try somewhere else. After explaining I already had a reservation I inquired about a luggage dolly sitting behind the counter. I asked if it was available or out of service because it was behind the counter. The check in lady informed me that it was the last one available and that if I wanted to use it I had better bring it back because the bell hop was off duty!! Really? I could not believe she said that. Her comment left a bitter taste in my mouth and I don't want to stay at this hotel again. Also while checking in and walking to my room all I saw were empty wine glasses and beer bottles left on the benches, tables, and floors throughout the hotel....really??? Does no one clean up anything from 7 pm until the next day? Complete trash!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We've stayed here during several trips to and from the east coast, but never felt compelled to write a review until our most recent visit. We've always loved the location and the higher quality of rooms here, but when the pool was out of order and our children were antsy, they stepped up and made arrangements to swim at a pool nearby, and made our day. I wouldn't have expected that high level of professional service, but they nailed it. Absolutely impressed.

• Stayed June 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2011

After traveling some time through West Virginia, the Marriott Charleston Town Center was surprisingly good hotel. After checking in, we found a nice, clean room with a nice view of the city. The room had a nice set of amenities including room service, valet parking, front desk support, and maid service. Across the street is a major indoor mall with countless shops. A short walk down the road are historic buildings and downtown shops. It was a great location.

Beyond the hotel was a restaurant found on the first floor. The restaurant turned out to be surprisingly good for its dinners. Worth a visit if there are no other options. The hotel also had a pool which I didn't visit due to cold. Parking was not free and the small driveway through the entrance of the Marriott could be crowded at times.

An overall good hotel with great amenities.

• Stayed March 2011