“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff were very helpful,even allowing us to check in early as we had traveled from Scotland. The rooms were very comfortable and the complimentary toiletries where lovely.
A varied choice of food for breakfast. I would recommend the buffet breakfast as very good value for money.
The fitness suite is well equipped and the pool was nice though it was closed on the day we went to use it.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor. Anything above 8 would be good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Your positive feedback is much appreciated. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff as they all have a part in making your stay outstanding. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I spent one night at this Marriott when I was driving through Charleston. As a gold elite member, I stay at a decent amount of Marriotts. I thought this hotel was pretty good (my room seemed like it was somewhat recently renovated). I ate breakfast at the hotel. The buffet was pretty good. I also had dinner at the bar since I arrived to the hotel late at night. The food was good, too.

I didn't like that the balcony doors only opened 4 inches. And I think the parking garage--at $12 per night--is definitely overpriced.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly. I would return to this hotel if I'm in Charleston in the future. I thought the bed was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AndrewBVA
Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to serve you and we certainly want to hear from guest that the service was excellent. We certainly appreciate all your comments which will help us to continue to improve as we strive to be a brilliant hotel. Thank you again.
MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a halfway stopping point. It was easy to find and in a good location across the street from the mall. When we checked in we were warmly greeted and advised there was a large party going on at the hotel and she asked me if it was okay to let my children have a free movie. Then after mentioning it was a long drive, she offered my kids a snack. A few hours after getting settled, my daughter got sick at the same time they were delivering our pack and play. I was embarrassed and was trying to get things cleaned up, while holding my baby so he didn't get into the mess. My husband had just went to the store to get some medicine for her. The nice lady named Kathy was so kind to my daughter and rushed to get her some ginger ale and crackers. Then she and another lady named Mary came back and helped get things cleaned up and were both super helpful and kind.

They beds were comfortable and a refrigerator was delivered upon request to keep the babies milk cold. We did not make it to the pool since my daughter was sick. We did not hear the party at all. Parking was for a fee and garage was right next to hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your positive responds in regards to your current stay. We are in the service business and it is our number one priority to be the best. When a guest gives us feedback that we have accomplish that during their stay it is something that will be passed on to the entire staff. Thank you for taking the time to encourage the entire staff and motivating them to continue to strive to be the best. Thank you again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This was the most disappointing Marriott stay I have ever had. I am a Marriott rewards member and still had to pay for parking and internet. Who pays for in-room internet service today? The balcony doors are locked as well, so don't think of that as an amenity. Plus, I was surprised to find a drop ceiling in the shower. Not sure why there is a drop ceiling, where you can lift up the ceiling tile in the shower. Disappointing...will not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vineyard413
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback it is always appreciated and does help us to improve. I certainly understand your concern in paying for internet and parking at the hotel. Currently all full service Marriott hotels are charging for internet service as it is a brand standard. Marriott does have other brands such as the Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and several others that do provide free internet as well as parking and these may fit your needs even better than the full service brand. Most downtown hotel properties do charge for parking as the parking facility is run by another management company but I do understand how this does add to the expense of staying. In regards to the drop ceiling in the showers that is where all the AC units exist when the building was built over 30 years ago and is the only way to access those units for repairs. I certanly apologize for all the things that made your stay disappointing. Thank you again and give me a call if you would like to discuss further.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Pros: beautiful modern hotel with clean rooms and great food / bar. Convenient to several restaurants within walking distance. Very reasonable parking rates.
Cons: it is a little pricey for a Charleston, WV hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gooch146
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It never gets old hearing a guest compliment the hotel in regards to product and service. Ir is our pleasure to serve you and we take pride in being one of your favorite hotels. We look forward to your next visit and continuing to be one of your favorite hotels. Thank you again.
Mukwonago, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Whats not to love??? Right off the freeway, and across the street from a great shopping mall with good restaurants. The front desk staff is very friendly, there is covered parking and the rooms spacious and clean. I asked for a refrigerator and they promptly brought one up. Would definitely stay here again. The Chop House (across the street in Mall) was yummy too!!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are nice, not much of a view. I am on a high floor and it is nice and quie...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary W
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
It is our pleasure to serve you and we truly appreciate your business. Your positive comments go a long way in helping us to continue to improve our guest service. We do appreciate you taking the time to share all your positive comments in regards to your stay. Thank you again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The service is outstanding! Everyone when above and beyond to make sure we were well accommodated! Truly a wonderful experience! If I were to get nit-picky, my only grievances would be that the bathrooms are ridiculously small and the pillows on the bed were not comfortable at all, made it very hard to sleep. Overall, excellent stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda S
Thank you for your positive and encouraging comments in regards to your stay. The entire team works very hard to provide top notch service and when a guest acknowledges that we were very successful in that area it helps reinforce what we are doing is working. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your comments and these will be shared with the entire staff.