“Very good hotel in excellent location for a visit to Charleston, WV”

Charleston Marriott Town Center
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The standards of cleanliness and comfort in this hotel were very high. The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, front desk, housekeeping, bar and restaurant are excellent. I had one overnight stay here having had a long day flying from the UK. I was received in a most friendly and courteous manner. Check in was carried out very efficiently and I was in my room quickly for a much wanted shower and change of clothes. The location of the hotel could not be better from the point of view of exploring the city on foot. The front desk gave me good information on nearby bars and restaurants, which proved to be accurate in terms of the restaurant and bars which I chose.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback. It is always reassuring when guest give us comments that varify that we are meeting their expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Charleston Marriott Town Center

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Get ready for $12 parking fee, $14 house wines and $10 internet connection. Room clean and comfortable. Nothing really special. Everything is extra. I will probably not stay here again.
Had dinner in the hotel. Sesame chicken skewers were very good.
Also the fries.

Stayed: April 2014
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you so much for the great feed back in regards to your stay at the Charleston Marriott Town Center. Your comments that included the hotel was very clean and comfortable, and also the food was very good are much appreciated. All of the hosts at the hotel take great pride in providing each and every guest great service and accommodations. I will make sure these comments are passed on to the individuals that do all the work to make your stay exceptional. I so understand your concerns with the charges for parking and internet as this creates extra expense for the guest. Currently all full service Marriott hotels are to charge for these items as a brand standard. Marriott does have other brands such as the Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and others that currently do offer free parking and internet access.. Although we do want you to come back again as we truly do appreciate you as a customer these other brands may fit your needs even better. Thank you again it is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff were very helpful,even allowing us to check in early as we had traveled from Scotland. The rooms were very comfortable and the complimentary toiletries where lovely.
A varied choice of food for breakfast. I would recommend the buffet breakfast as very good value for money.
The fitness suite is well equipped and the pool was nice though it was closed on the day we went to use it.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor. Anything above 8 would be good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Your positive feedback is much appreciated. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff as they all have a part in making your stay outstanding. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I spent one night at this Marriott when I was driving through Charleston. As a gold elite member, I stay at a decent amount of Marriotts. I thought this hotel was pretty good (my room seemed like it was somewhat recently renovated). I ate breakfast at the hotel. The buffet was pretty good. I also had dinner at the bar since I arrived to the hotel late at night. The food was good, too.

I didn't like that the balcony doors only opened 4 inches. And I think the parking garage--at $12 per night--is definitely overpriced.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly. I would return to this hotel if I'm in Charleston in the future. I thought the bed was incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AndrewBVA

Thank you for your feedback. It is our pleasure to serve you and we certainly want to hear from guest that the service was excellent. We certainly appreciate all your comments which will help us to continue to improve as we strive to be a brilliant hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a halfway stopping point. It was easy to find and in a good location across the street from the mall. When we checked in we were warmly greeted and advised there was a large party going on at the hotel and she asked me if it was okay to let my children have a free movie. Then after mentioning it was a long drive, she offered my kids a snack. A few hours after getting settled, my daughter got sick at the same time they were delivering our pack and play. I was embarrassed and was trying to get things cleaned up, while holding my baby so he didn't get into the mess. My husband had just went to the store to get some medicine for her. The nice lady named Kathy was so kind to my daughter and rushed to get her some ginger ale and crackers. Then she and another lady named Mary came back and helped get things cleaned up and were both super helpful and kind.

They beds were comfortable and a refrigerator was delivered upon request to keep the babies milk cold. We did not make it to the pool since my daughter was sick. We did not hear the party at all. Parking was for a fee and garage was right next to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your positive responds in regards to your current stay. We are in the service business and it is our number one priority to be the best. When a guest gives us feedback that we have accomplish that during their stay it is something that will be passed on to the entire staff. Thank you for taking the time to encourage the entire staff and motivating them to continue to strive to be the best. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This was the most disappointing Marriott stay I have ever had. I am a Marriott rewards member and still had to pay for parking and internet. Who pays for in-room internet service today? The balcony doors are locked as well, so don't think of that as an amenity. Plus, I was surprised to find a drop ceiling in the shower. Not sure why there is a drop ceiling, where you can lift up the ceiling tile in the shower. Disappointing...will not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vineyard413

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback it is always appreciated and does help us to improve. I certainly understand your concern in paying for internet and parking at the hotel. Currently all full service Marriott hotels are charging for internet service as it is a brand standard. Marriott does have other brands such as the Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and several others that do provide free internet as well as parking and these may fit your needs even better than the full service brand. Most downtown hotel properties do charge for parking as the parking facility is run by another management company but I do understand how this does add to the expense of staying. In regards to the drop ceiling in the showers that is where all the AC units exist when the building was built over 30 years ago and is the only way to access those units for repairs. I certanly apologize for all the things that made your stay disappointing. Thank you again and give me a call if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Pros: beautiful modern hotel with clean rooms and great food / bar. Convenient to several restaurants within walking distance. Very reasonable parking rates.
Cons: it is a little pricey for a Charleston, WV hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Gooch146
steve L, General Manager at Charleston Marriott Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It never gets old hearing a guest compliment the hotel in regards to product and service. Ir is our pleasure to serve you and we take pride in being one of your favorite hotels. We look forward to your next visit and continuing to be one of your favorite hotels. Thank you again.