“Management has the guest in mind”

Charleston Marriott Town Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
lawrenceville,ga
“Management has the guest in mind”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times for meetings at the Civic Center, which is across the street.
My client has booked me each time and direct billed the room. I look forward to my visit as I know this hotel treats its guests wonderfully. Steve, at the front desk, could not have been nicer. From start to finish the stay was perfect: check in, room, shuttle, restaurant! The hotel is older but the rooms are updated, quiet and comfortable. The focus on the customer make it a 5 star for me! You are truly appreciated at this location! Thanks for another wonderful stay! I hope to return for again!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
West Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Very friendly and helpful front desk/staff upon arrival. Hotel is conveniently located directly across from Charleston Town Center Mall as well as the Charleston Civic Center. A stone's throw. Plenty of restaurants to choose from that are in walking distance. Room was very clean and beds comfortable. Very quiet too. The only negative was the room temperature. Tried to adjust temps down from a warm 68dgrs, but it still stayed warm. Another convenience is that you are close to the interstate, but not close that you hear traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bio2012
Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 December 2009

My partner and I spent two nights, four days apart, at the Marriott Charleston Town Center and overall we enjoyed our stays. Before our first night at the hotel, I received a warm e-mail greeting from Daniel, the rooms coordinator. I had never received such a nice greeting prior to check-in and really appreciated the thoughtful touch.

The first room that we stayed in was a king bedroom located on the eighth floor. The room was somewhat dated (reminded me of 1980s), but the furnishings were in good condition and the bed was quite comfortable. The second room, located on the twelfth floor, seemed nicer than the first room although I could not determine why I thought so. It was also nicely furnished and and comfortable. Both rooms featured flatscreen TVs and a wide variety of cable channels. The Marriott offers guests fine Bath & Body Works products, which is a step up from usual hotel toiletries.

My partner and I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and were pleased with the food and service. There are also several restaurants located in close proximity to the hotel.

Service was consistently friendly and efficient.

We would gladly stay at the Marriott Charleston Town Center again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Montréal
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I stay at this hotel for almost 2 weeks, I can say that is not the best mariott ever but for the area, I think that is the best hotel.

The room are pretty large with Flat screen TV, the bathroom are normal but clean.
I went to the fitness and it is pretty large compare to other hotels. But the swimming pool and the hot tub looks old and not so clean...
Also the internet is very expensive 13 $ and very slow...

I went to the restaurant on the 1st floor, the food and price are decent.

Also if you are a Mariott Reward member, I highly suggest to take the Floor 12 and 14 as they are concierge floor with lounge (breakfast included) .

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Syracuse
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I've stayed at many Marriotts, and this hotel is ...very middle of the road. Everything is OK on the surface, yet for the price, it should be better than it is. That said, I can't really complain about anything specifically as well. If you normally stay at Marriotts, you won't do badly by staying here. It is certainly better than most of the other hotels in town!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank keifernny
Woodstock
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Charelston does not have a great selection of hotels. Very few are worth staying in.
The Marriott is one of the nicest hotels in Charleston. It is a little dated (built in the 80's).
So the rooms are small. The furniture is nice but needs updated. The beds are comfortable and the TVs are32" LCD flat screens. They have no wifi, only wired internet - and it cost 13 dollars a day. parking is also 9 dollars a day. Overall the building is nice. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The location is excellent. Right across the street from the mall and civic center and centrally located to everything.

I do feel the hotel is a little over priced. I believe prices can run anywhere from 109 - 165.
In no way worth 165. This hotel should be priced no higher than 99.00 during peak times, for a regular room. Off peak times should be no more than 79.00. If they updated the decor, dropped parking charges and wifi charges then maybe it would be worth what they charge now.

But as I stated, for all the hotels in Charleston this is one of the nicest ones.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Nikkithedog
assman1
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Ants were all over the room. We moved twice and the ants remained. The staff were rude. The hot tub didn't work. Overall an awful experience at an awful hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends