“Good value for a quick in and out.”

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Waynesville
“Good value for a quick in and out.”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Remodeled Red Roof Inns have become my choice for quick overnight stays. The only problems with this one was the outside noise -- when they remodeled, they should have spent a little extra to put in some sound insulation. If you are in a room that is facing the highway, you will hear large trucks all night, and if your room opens directly onto the parking lot, you will hear car noise as people and cars come and go.
But since comfortable beds and a clean room are my top priority, this met the need.

Room Tip: This seems to be a noisy location. For the most quiet, choose a room facing away from the highway a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank homeschoolmtnmom
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. I do apologize for the noise from the highway. We are looking into making some adjustments to the entry way in order to sound proof more. I understand your concern. I hope if you are back in our area again you will choose to stay again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
NW Ohio
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here two different times during February. The first time, I had a superior king room which I had reserved in advance. It was little quirky, yet clean, with the linoleum floor. Unfortunately there was a lot of noise from the adjacent expressway since the room faced that direction,

The following stay I had also reserved a superior king room. But when I arrived, there was not a room of that type available. So much for Red Roof Inns honoring their reservations, right?

I was squeezed into a far smaller room for this stay, something without the large desk I needed for this trip. This room had a non-working vanity light which took 24 hours to repair, letting me have the happy experience of shaving more or less in the dark. Also, the microwave had not been cleaned since the previous occupant so I was able to deal with their slovenly habits.

The room smelled at times as if it had been occupied by a wet dog, which I suppose it had.

The only nice thing was the second room was not next to the expressway so it was far quieter. However, the screwy parking situation at this property meant leaving my car on the other side of the building.

I am not sure I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a refund if you do not use the safe, and try to get a room away from the expressway.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
I wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns and apologize for your reservation not being honored while staying with us. If you would like to give me a call at the property, I would be more than glad to look into why this occurred. It is our wish to honor every reservation booked with us. I will also look into why your light wasn’t repaired immediately. I will address both the light and housekeeping situations with my staff. I do apologize again and hope when traveling in the Charleston area again you will give us a chance to better serve you.
New River Gorge, WV
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I traveled from Fayette County WV to Charleston for concert, and afterwards the streets were solid ice so decided to spend the night instead of driving 1.5 hours home. The rate was very reasonable, room updated and clean. I especially liked the tile floor rather than carpeting - much easier to keep clean. I got there late and was thankful that the heat had been turned on so it was very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. Room had microwave & refrigerator, great if you're staying for a few days.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write the great comments about our Inn. I’m so pleased that you like the new renovation. We appreciate your business and if you ever come back to Charleston for another concert please keep us in mind.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight here in February passing through WV. Very friendly front desk personnel especially Debra. She helped to make us feel right at home. The rooms are newly renovated and clean. Inn is close to many places to eat. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the great comments. I appreciate you letting me know about the service Debra provided during your stay. We value your business and look forward to seeing you on a return trip to the Charleston area.
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Called and made reservation and let them know we needed a first floor room. Done. We were traveling with a pet. No problem, no charge. We arrived about 9:00 PM on a Saturday night and our room was waiting. A little on the small side, but we wern't throwing a super bowl party. This room was clean. Refreshing clean. Bathroom was spotless. Bed was fresh and comfortable. No breakfast, but I'll take clean over breakfast any day. Basic inexpensive motel and did I say clean?
We had a room away from the hiway and there was little if any noise from traffic. Met the staff when I went for coffee in the morning and they seemed to take sincere pride in their motel. I give it a A+

Room Tip: Review the reviews
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We proudly accept our pet friends and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I hope when you travel in this area you will stop in and stay with us again.
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Would b a good hotel if they didnt like to rent rooms to local people to make drug transactions which risks everyones safety, otherwise it would be a nice place to stay why would the managers or owners want to risk everyones safety is beyond me but i guess money more important so just be cautious of ur surroundings if u choose to stay here

• Stayed January 2013
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about your suspicions of drug activity here at my property. I'm looking into it to see what may have been going on during your stay. Please if you ever stay somewhere and suspect drug activities are going on, let the front desk know. We have a very close relationship with the Charleston PD and they will investigate any kind of suspected drug activity. I can assure you that we don't want that kind of activities going on here, and if we suspect such activities we have them investigated immediately. Our main concern is the safety and security of our guests and our staff. The last thing we want is for someone to be in danger or feel unsafe. I do apologize and will do my best to make sure these kinds of issues are addressed at all times.

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Recently remodeled, this motel is a good bargain for the budget traveler. A most interesting feature is that the wall-to-wall carpet has been replaced with faux-hardwood tiles. That old hotel carpeting, even in good, business-class hotels always made me leery about the healthiness of walking around barefoot. These tiles make me feel as I can. Microwave, small fridge, TV with HBO, coffee maker. What else could you want?

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Charleston. I’m glad you like the new package and hope that when you visit Charleston you will stay with us again.