“Good choice of budget motel.”

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
“Good choice of budget motel.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed two days at this Red Roof and will visit this motel again. The rooms were completely renovated and clean. There was a refrigerator and microwave, plus a new flat screen tv in each room. The flooring is new hardwood-looking vinyl, which seemed much cleaner than most motel carpet. The room did have that stale motel odor the first night, thus the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. Everything was in good working order. The motel was very pet friendly, and there was alot of room for walking the dog. The staff was friendly and helpful when asked about restaurants in the area. There were several restaurants within walking distance, which was an added convenience to our stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize for the odor that was in your room. I will address that with my staff. We strive to make sure issues like this is taken care of before you arrive. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn for your family and your pet. I hope to see you the next time you are in Charleston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Auburn, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed one night on our way home from Florida. Decided to book a premium king room just to see what it was like. Arrived around 10:30 and was immediately greeted by the lady working. She was very friendly and efficient with check-in. She noticed on the reservation that there were two of us staying in the room so she gave me a box of treats that come with the premium rooms. She said one was in the room already and that we both received one. The box included a bottled water, a bottle of orange juice, a full size microwave popcorn, a trail mix and two granola bars. The room was very modern looking with dark colored wood furniture and wooden floors. The bedroom had a large flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had the basin style sink along with a coffee maker and hair dryer. The room also had an iron and ironing board. Everything was very clean. The only issue I noticed was the some of the ceiling was beginning to peel away but it wasn't an issue for us. The mattress was comfortable. My only complaint recently with RRI's are the pillows. We have stayed at 5 different RRI's in the past month and they all seem to have very hard and flat pillows. Next time we travel we are just going to pack our own. There was no breakfast but they did have the complimentary coffee. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
What a nice review, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our premium rooms are new to Red Roof Inn and we are so glad you enjoyed the one you stayed in. At Red Roof Inn we try to make all of our guest feel welcomed and at home. I'm so glad we were able to do that for you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Florida.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

very sweet, smiling and GREAT customer service!! I even left my ID at the front desk and she brought it to me on her next round. She is by far the best hotel staff I have dealt with in a long time.Connie was her name and the property name is 059, could not say enough good about this woman and her work ethics!!

Room Tip: the Premium King room was awesome and a great price~!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for all the kind words about Connie. She is a great asset to our company. I'm so glad she took Great care of you while you were staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Charleston.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel was fine and a good place for out stop over to another location. There are several restaurants within a close proximity which was nice. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Check in and out was quick and coffee was available in this area. Just a couple of small problems, but nothing major. Would stay again at this stop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We always appreciate it when our guest goes out of their way and takes the time to give us a review. It seems that your stay was alright our goal is to make it a Great stay. When staying with us please let us know if you have any issues so we have a chance to take care of it while you are here. Thanks so much for the review and we hope to see you the next time you are in Charleston.
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at Red Roof mostly because they accept pets free of charge! They are also very conveniently located off of Interstate 77/64 at MacCorkle Avenue. The front desk staff are nice, but not what I would call overly friendly. They were very accommodating for us, as my Mom can't climb stairs well and needed a room on the ground floor. The room was nice and clean. It is half carpeted and half linoleum. The only sign of dirtiness was a few white specks on the grey carpet in between the beds. The counter between beds was very small and didn't have a drawer underneath like most do. Also, the A/C unit worked only when it wanted to (hi/lo cool), so we usually had to use the fan. The heat control is on the other side of the room. The beds were comfy, you can drive to your door, and there are many restaurants within walking distance. There is a Wendy's literally 2 steps from the hotel. It's only about 5 minutes to the airport and downtown Charleston. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor, drive up to your door!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn for your family and your pet. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Charleston.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I am just floored by how amazing the experience was. First, when I arrived at the Red Roof Inn, they greeted me not with a simple "Hello", but as though I was someone they had seen every days for years. I felt like I was home the moment I stepped into the office. Second, when I asked any questions about the area or activities, they were knowledgeable about everything and made me feel very secure and stress-free about my stay.

I fly 3 times per week, and often stay at 4-5 hotels per week. I have never had this level of superior customer service. I would sincerely and truthfully drive an hour out of my way to stay here again just because of Connie and Sherry. This feels like a warm, inviting location because of these two employees. I wish I could have this type of experience in other businesses, it is just amazing and refreshing.

Aside from the remarkable service, the room is clean, organized and very cozy. I am easily a loyal Red Roof Inn customer after this experience. 10 out of 10 in every aspect.

Room Tip: I saw Connie and Sherry help another customer after me, and they treat everyone like a friend, so ju...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a pleasant review. Connie and Sherry are great assets to our company. They both go out of their way to make every guest feel at home. Thank you for sharing. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Charleston.
West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here passing through. supposed to be 100% smoke free but the first room I looked at smelled like a cigarette. Second room seemed ok after a quick sniff and glace so I took it. Room turned out to be very moist, black mold in bathroom, and cigarette burn holes on the underside of thr comforter. Comfortable mattress. Upon showering in the morning something about the added moisture brought out a strong urine odor most likely from the rug on either side of the bed. Mesh chair at desk had bits of this and that stuck in it, a few hairs that did not belong to me on the floor as well. Mini fridge was too cold and froze my food. A few additional things to note, there is only fast food closeby for meal options, there is a decent grocery store close. There is an automatic charge on the bill for use of the safe you must tell them you did not use the safe upon checkout to avoid the charge.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
We appreciate your feedback and will address every issue with my staff. I apologize that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. We take pride in our rooms and yes we are 100% smoke free, unfortunately we do get a few rebellious guests that choose to smoke anyway. We do charge them for the cleanup and use every means to get the room back to the smoke free experience. I’m sorry that didn’t happen in your case. At Red Roof Inn we want our guest to have a great experience and we were unable to meet those standards for you, and I do apologize for that. Please let us make it up to you. I ask if you ever pass through Charleston again you will give us another chance to better serve you.

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels