“Surprisingly Satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Melbourne, Florida
“Surprisingly Satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I don't usually use Red Roof's frequently, but they had the best rate in the area as we were traveling through town. The room was recently renovated and was great! Laminate flooring gave it a much cleaner feel than carpet! It was close to good food options as well. I was disappointed that there was no free breakfast, but they do offer a snack box for each room, and for the price, you can't beat it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room, as they are not completely done remodeling.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank paulmguf
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for the review of your stay with us. We are glad to say that our rooms were renovated approximately a year and a half ago and the changes seem to go over very well with our guests. At this time we do not serve breakfast but we do have a coffee and tea bar in the front lobby for our guests. We hope you stay with us again if you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Boone, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This must be one of the best values around. It was full or close to it with lots of construction workers part of the group. Still it was quiet, clean and all that was advertised. The rooms are 100% non-smoking with a sizeable fine if caught so all the smokers stand outside and smoke. This place has two stories but no elevators and the doors open to the outside walkways. Not much parking for oversized vehicles. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you cannot carry bags up the outside steps, ask for a ground floor room. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IowaBilly
Thank you for the review of your stay with us. First, I would like to say we thank you for choosing RED ROOF INN, Kanawha City. Secondly, we implemented the non smoking policy approximately a year and half ago and most generally our guests are pleased with this policy. We hope that if you ever in the area again you choose to stay with RED ROOF INN, Kanawha City.
Lapeer, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

right off the freeway good price! the area is Ok at best alot going on around there.... lots of resturants in the area room was clean price was decent would stay here again... hope this helps you out...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn for your travel needs. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you the next time you travel through Charleston.
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, well stocked, nice Single King room. A/C worked..quietly! Stay was efficient and pleasant even as I was a walk-in at about midnight. I would stay again any time for a $75-under a night lodging.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We always want to hear from our guest. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you the next time you travel to Charleston.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was dirty, the remote control didn't have a back (it was all taped up) and the bathrooms are straight out of the 70's. We were afraid to even leave our room because the people staying there were so shady. I certainly didn't expect the Hilton for $60 a night but I did expect clean. We were scheduled to stay another night and canceled because it was so gross and scary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori S
First thing let me apologize for you having such a bad experience. I'm confused by what happened during your stay and would ask if you could call the property so I can get some additional information. We are newly renovated and just upgraded our TV system with new remote controls in every room. This is why I'm confused. I went back through each room and have been unable to find the remote that was taped up. I have addressed these issues with my staff and explained the importance of making sure all rooms are clean and have working remotes. This is not Red Roof Inn's standards. Our goal is that all guest leave feeling rested and comfortable with their stay. Again please contact me at your convenience for further information. I would like to ask if you are ever back in Charleston you would give us a chance to better serve you.

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Two of my motorcycle buddies and I stayed here for 2 nights in June during a 2,500 mile cycle trip. The staff was most helpful (especially Sherry) when one of our bikes had mechanical problems. We spent more time at the hotel than on the road during our stay because of a flat tire, and we were still able to enjoy ourselves. Thanks again for a great stay during a not-so-great repair time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travel. I'm glad Sherry was able to help in your time of need, she is a wonderful asset to our team. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are staying in the Charleston area.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Tried two different superior kings and both had problems. First one sink was stopped up and the other one light over sink did not work. Stayed here with no issues in the past but they have many problems now. Front desk staff was very apologetic but that does not solve there problems. I spend about 200 days a year in motels and find problems at times but there can be no excuse for these issues.

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
3 Thank Nannysplace
First let me apologize again for the issues you had during your stay. I understand your frustration and we work very hard to resolve any such issues. I'm sorry we were unable to resolve it to your satisfaction. I deeply apologize again for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issues have been resolved prior to your departure. I hope you will give us a chance to better serve you the next time you are in Charleston.