“A good night stay”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Rockville, Maryland
“A good night stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We spent one night travelling through the area. Many of the hotels in the area were full so we came here. Location was very convenient to Charleston, midland trail and the highway. Room was adequate and clean.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

While the bed linens appeared fresh and clean, EVERYTHING else about this place was dismal. The morning weed whacker outside our room was the perfect send-off. It served as a rest stop enroute, but we left as soon as possible in the morning.

Room Tip: Find alternate lodging.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This roach motel is the worst place I've ever stayed. I've been to third world countries and those would be considered five star compared to this horrible room. Very strange people walk the parking lots, I saw two men looking inside our SUV windows. Rooms are dirty and falling apart, appears to have blood stains on the floor. The bathroom has mold growing up the walls and tile floor does not have grout tiles slide. Electrical outlets are half uncovered and will shock you. Beds are uncomfortable and I've had bugs crawling on me. I can't believe this place hasn't been shut down due to conditions. I could go on and on and tell you endless reasons to avoid this infestation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Randal A
slatyfork wv
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was partly my fault. I had booked the room through wyndam rewards and put in the wrong dates. I contacted wyndam. They were very nice and said for me to stay on the line and they would call the knights inn. The knights inn said too bad!
Our computers are down and there is nothing they could do. Of course their credit card machine was working and they charged me anyways. Now they will get paid twice. I own a small inn and I know full well they could have issued a credit. We stay in Charleston regularly and will never stay their again. REALLY BAD customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank kkkk
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were only passing through Charleston and weren't arriving until 9:30 at night and leaving early the next day so when I saw business travelers on this site rating this hotel as old but clean we thought it would suffice. I just wanted a clean/cheap place to sleep and shower. Boy were those reviews wrong. First off we had booked 3 rooms and when we arrived they had given our room to someone else. So 2 in our party got into their rooms immediately but my family had to wait for it to be straightened out and given a different room. Our room was marked as non-smoking but the stench of smoke was overpowering. I was afraid to let my children walk barefoot in the room as carpet appeared dirty and my son said" I stepped on something mommy". We decided we would just get up extra early next day to make our next destination to shower as the bathroom was disgusting. Bed and pillows very uncomfortable and I barely slept all night. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Dirty, stinking, gross!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shannon R
Asheville
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Website stated they had pool and hot tub. Pool is half full of green rotten water and fenced off, with loose rocks around edge of pool. Only one ice maker and soda machine located in office lobby, and drink machine was out of order. Front desk staff seemed detached and uninterested in providing service. Two lamps not working in room because they were both missing light bulbs. Not even worth the Priceline price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Cindy A
Burbank, ca
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I don't think you could go lower as a human being. Non-smoking rooms with cigarette burns everywhere. Pool half filled, green and fenced off. You have to beg for an additional towel.

Seriously, I felt like levitating the whole night, so I wouldn't have to make contact with anything.

Stayed August 2013