“WORSE DUMP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH”

Knights Inn Charleston East
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
North Port, Florida
“WORSE DUMP ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We were traveling from Maryland to Kentucky for our sons wedding. After driving for 8 hours we were very sleepy and wanted a hotel right along the way. We were looking for something a bit cheaper to save money for the time we would be in Kentucky during the wedding and festivities. The person behind the counter was a teenager and no other staff was around. The place looks okay from the outside but I think the outside property is all they do anything with. We were first giving room 216 upon entering the place was very dirty and had the strongest smell of urine you could imagine. We right away complained and asked for another room before unpacking. The child behind the counter then gave us room 219. It smelled a little smoky upon entering but my wife and I were going to try to make the most of it. I sat down on the toilet to do my business and the next thing I knew the entire toilet crashed over on its side. The top of the tank crashed into the tub and all the water soaked the floor. I hurt my wrist trying to catch myself as it fell toward the tub. The entire commode was not bolted to the floor and had been rotted out. Here after 8 hours of driving my clothes were wet and i had an injured wrist. After that happened my wife came to see if i was alright. We were in total shock that this place was open at all. We pulled the blanket back and there were feces stains all over the bed. Also the microwave oven had bare wires hanging out the side. We took plenty of pictures. We went back over to talk to the child behind the counter who called the manager on the phone a jerk by the name of Andy Patel. It took us about an hour before he told the kid behind the counter to refund our money. Then the kid tried to give us 10 bucks less then we paid. No apology, no offer to put us up in another hotel for the night. The kid said he didn't have the power, we asked to speak directly to Mr. Andy Patel. Andy Patel told the kid he wouldn't get on the phone with us. Said for us to come back the following morning. So hurt and wet we went across the street to the Days Inn and had a very good nights sleep it only turned out to be only 7 bucks more then the dive. The next morning we returned to the Knights Inn in hopes they would make things right. The kid was behind the counter and Andy Patel was on the grounds but hid and would not show himself. We did file an accident report with the kid and a formal complaint with the Knights Franchise Systems Customer Service Complaint Department. They told us to file the complaint with the owner of the Knights Inn which just so happens to be named Rick Patel. They said if Mr. Patel don't respond to call them back to take further action. This has been a true hotel Horror Story.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank HotMrRight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Small Town
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I just recently stayed in the Knights Inn in the Charlestown location hotel, to visit the races. I want to make a point in how disapointed my girlfriend and I were with our stay. When we first arrived we felt very welcomed. On our way to our room, the lights in the hall were out, making it very difficulto to find our way in the wet rain. When we got to our room, we noticed there was not fridge. We were not informed of this, and had beverages that needed to keep cold. So, despite the misunderstanding we went to the ice machine to fill up the hotel ice bin, but we found the ice maching was not operating correctly for the whole hotel, leaving no ice. When we asked about no ice, she said to return in a few hours it may be fixed. At this point it was too late. At the first attempt to our bathroom, the toilet did not work. We called for maitence and they brought us the plundger to unplunge it, even though we had never clogged it. We still could not get it to work, so a lady came to assist. She was very polite, but did no help. After arriving back from the casino the toilet still did not work. We called the front desk and requested a new room. The room, was at the opposite end of the hotel, when there were vacant rooms next store. We had to repack all our belongings at midnight to make this change of rooms. The new room, to our surprise, had a fridge. We specically made a point to have a fridge said the rooms did not have any, and the only fridge was in the lobby. After we settled in the new room, the beds were not suitable. There were dozens of hair spread everywhere, as if the sheets were not changed in months. We felt most comfortable on top of the covers, and were not able to use the pillows either. Despite all the mishaps of the long day, we decided to just go to bed. This would have been a lot simpler if the hotel's spouting was maintained. Throughout the whole night we were constantly woken by a very loud and unpleasant sound of a broken gutter. We tried to bring this to the attention of the lady at the front desk as we were checking out, but she simply did not care. This was by far our worst experience in a hotel ever. We hope that this note will fix some things so nobody will have to go throught the sames things we hade to, and ruin their get away.
-Thanks

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheTravelerP

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

rockingham nc
Reviewed 9 February 2010

rooms clean, internet you need to sak for where it works, mike in room frig, pool but make sure u look at what you are paying for. i like it, but i like cost over best. money mined..

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank lewsea
WV
Reviewed 6 February 2010

A family emergency occurred and left my family and I driving 2 hours to be at the hospital. We needed a motel close by, and most places had no vacancies due to the reports of a snow storm coming in. The motel was so run-down. The rooms were filthy, bugs in the bathroom floor, the heater did not work, and the small refrigerator froze my small child's medicine (and it was on the bottom shelf). We had no where to go and spent the first night unwillingly, and the staff was no help whatsoever. We left the next day, no refund, no I'm sorry, nothing. Never again! Never! I would rather slept in my car than to stay there!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank WVNurseLPN
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We stayed here one night while traveling. It was very convenient to interstates 77 & 64. As a dog person it was nice to be able to back up to the door to unload crates. We were given an end room that gave us easy access to grass. However, this is an old place with no frills, but was reasonably clean and everything worked.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCWeimLover
Georgia
Reviewed 21 August 2009

This was a one night stay for my family as we were driving across WV. We were so exhausted when we came to this little hotel.

We thought it was quiet and clean.

BUT it was barely functional. The light panels were falling on our heads as we washed our faces, bed springs were popping out on our backs, making for a very bad night's sleep, and it just felt very cheap.

For breakfast, they provided were coffee and stale donuts.

On our way out, we asked the front desk worker how to get to a certain highway nearby, and he said he had no idea.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
W.V. USA
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The non-smoking room was clean but quite dated. My room included two double beds, a fridge, microwave and television. There was no hair dryer or iron/board. The air conditioning unit was very powerful. The pool seems new and is really nice. The staff was friendly. The signal from the wireless internet was extremely weak in my room. I would suggest using a coupon from a travel guide, and even at that the rates seem a little pricey considering the location and very out dated rooms. However if you are just looking for a nice clean place to stay that is close to local restaurants, stores and a mall, this is a decent hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple