“Good value”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A good value. Very clean. Rooms updated and well done. Lots of different lighting in our room (over dsk aea, next to bed, etc). Our handicap room was small but again clean and well appointed. Pillows and linens were good, though towels were skimpy. Bkeakfast normal hotel fair. There are no king beds. Restaurant next door with homemade soup and open til 9pm.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor near parking lot door. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Located off the Mink Shoals exit on I-79 (just outside of Charleston, WV), this Sleep in was conveniently located for our stay. We came to Charleston for the Mountain Stage radio show on a Sunday but showed up early to check out the sites around Charleston.

The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly.

Breakfast is what I've come to expect from a Sleep Inn. Eggs (scrambled / hard boiled), sausage, fried chicken, sausage gravy, various breads, yogurt, fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, and fruit salad), coffee, juices. Although its a standard breakfast, I think it was a treat. That, and breakfast was available until 10:00AM. That was a huge plus.

Located directly next door to the hotel is a cute family restaurant. We didn't eat there, but we heard great things from others who decided to give it a try. They looked busy all weekend. I think the name of the place was "Hardings."

There is also a pizza joint located within walking distance.

Some folks have commented about the bathrooms not having a door. The doors are there. They are pocket doors. They work. This is becoming pretty standard in Sleep Inns. They're designed to save space and make the room feel... well... roomier!

Ask for a room on the "entrance" side of the hotel if possible. I-79 is on the other side. The traffic sounds like light thunder but didn't bother my sleep at all.

No pool. No real exercise room.

Beds are comfy. The AC works. There is a fridge, microwave, personal coffee maker, and hair drier in every room. I needed a can opener, went to the front desk, & they actually had one! I really can't say anything bad about this Sleep Inn. I really like what these folks have going. The Choice Hotel line has yet to let me down.

Room Tip: Ask for an entrance side room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very clean, up to date, good deal. Good beds, breakfast was above average for most hotel breakfasts as they go! Good bathrooms, easy location to get anywhere in Charleston. Ample parking. Also good coffee in lobby

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam J
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and modern inside. The rooms are pretty spacious and very clean. Flat screen tvs and comfortable beds. My only complaint is that the breakfast was pretty terrible. They were out of a lot when we went down at 8:45 and what they did have wasn't very good. Breakfast is from 6-10. There is a Hardings right next door which could be you're breakfast. I still give 5 stars though because the stay was nice. We were here for a funeral and they gave us a bereavement rate.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Indigomoon915
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The people were so friendly and helpful. The motel is clean and well kept. The room was clean and we had a handicap room. The shower seat was very comfortable and easy to use. The breakfast was very good there was lots of choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaryElizabeth H
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I pulled into the Sleep Inn in the midst of a blizzard. Any port would have sufficed in this storm, but we were definitely glad we picked the Sleep Inn. The room was very comfortable and clean, and reasonably priced. Breakfast was also pretty substantial. The parking lot was a little bit tough to navigate, but that may have been due to the snow obscuring the parking spaces. The hotel is also a bit far away from downtown Charleston, but is conveniently located next to I-79. This will be my go-to hotel from now on when I'm in the Charleston area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mountaineer2015
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We picked this hotel because of trip advisor ratings. I am glad we did. We got very friendly hotel staff at front desk, a good very clean room with restful sleep. I prefer a handicap accessible bathroom and got a well-designed tub with bars and a seat that lifts in an out - perfect for my needs. The bed was a touch harder than I prefer, but I got a very good sleep. There is a giant TV, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. The décor is a restful forest theme though the green is a bit much (ok I am being picky). The room was very clean and the corridor had a very fresh scent. This is a water saving hotel so the towels and sheets are not changed every day. Also the water flow is a little limited. I do not have a problem with that but some people might.
The breakfast could be a bit better. It is provided by the Harding's Family Restaurant next door. The biscuits and toast are a bit bland and the cereal choices are only two. The convenience of having a decent restaurant next door outweighs some of its short comings. I will write a complete review of the restaurant in the appropriate place.
The hotel is located right off of the highway in a quiet nook in the foothills. Except for the restaurant there is nothing immediately around it so it is extra quiet.
We liked the hotel so much that we called to make reservations on our way back. They made sure that we got the room we got before. That was a nice touch.
We would make reservations at this hotel on our next trip south but they do not allow pets and we will have our cat with us the next time. They did give
us a list of hotels in the area that do allow pets. That was an extra nice touch.

Stayed: April 2014