“Old dirty horrible ugly disgusting”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charleston
Sunset Motel
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Are stay was horrible and disgusting. Are room was disgusting service was horrible and there was a spider in my bed the water was brown and the seling was water damaged molding . my pillow had a stan on it. The sink had rust on it it was horrible!!!!!!!! Bad motel the worst I've ever ever ever stayed at. And the carpet and bed was staned.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank cocoa44
Reviewed 4 February 2009

I was out late on the first evening of a road trip, and didn't feel up to navigating Charleston in the dark. I picked this because of the sign by the exit, hoping it would be a cool old place.

It is kind of old, probably late '50s to early '60s. It is not cool. The rooms are small and dull, and the place is really grungy. The carpet in my room was worn nearly through, and the rest was just average clean. I was on the ground floor of the 2-story building, and it seemed that the second floor was perhaps abandoned. There was water damage to the bathroom ceiling. For all this, I paid $48, which I don't really consider cheap. It's also in the middle of nowhere. Sissonville is more of a place than a town, so I was unable to get any food.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo