“Noisy Elevator”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one evening. The hotel was really nice. We did have one problem. When we got to our room on the top floor, we heard a loud noise behind the wall of our bed and in the bathroom. We thought it was just the remoldling of the hotel (machinary) and that they would be done working when we got back from supper. When we got back. We keep hearing it. Then it hit us only a wall behind the bed seperated the elevator from our room. We where hearing the hydrualic everytime someone pushed the button for the elevator.

The guy working at the front desk. Was so nice. He gave us a suite across the hall from our old room. so we didn't have to move to far. It was a gorgeous room. Living room, full kitchen and a seperate bedroom.

My husband and i were really suprised that they have rooms that close to the elevator. They should have made it a storage room or something else since no one could sleep in there with the noise.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bev K, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for the Review! I’m sorry there was so much noise from our elevators in your room, and I’m glad that we were able to take care of you by moving you to a larger, quieter room nearby. I will be taking steps to see what we can do to alleviate the noise level in those rooms and appreciate your comments about it. I look forward to seeing you again when you come back through.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

What a fantastic stay! This hotel has been recently remodeled and is absolutely gorgeous. The staff was very helpful and courteous throughout my stay. The restaurant has updated their menu and the food is outstanding. I tried something different each night and each entree was delicious. I travel on business throughout West Virginia and I would not even consider staying anywhere else when my work brings me to Charleston! I would definitely recommend this hotel to the business and vacation traveler.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Recordit
Bev K, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you so such for the review! I am pleased you had such a great time and want to spend your time in Charleston with us. I also appreciate your kind words about our helpful staff and the great experiences you had with them. I am glad you enjoyed the revamped and remodeled hotel and that you are willing to recommend us. I believe you will enjoy your next stay with us just as much, and I look forward to seeing you again when you come to Charleston!

Travellers also viewed these Charleston hotels
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Charleston South, WV
Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
3 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Courtyard Charleston Downtown/Civic Center

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West

Address: 400 2nd Ave, Charleston, WV 25303-1216
Region: United States > West Virginia > Charleston
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Family Hotel in Charleston
#5 Business Hotel in Charleston
#5 Romantic Hotel in Charleston
Price Range: £78 - £118 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West 3.5*
The Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West is the solution for your leisure and business travel to Charleston, WV. With an indoor pool and splash pad, fitness center, on-site restaurant and lounge, we offer everything you need for the perfect stay! The hotel is also pet-friendly. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Charleston Hotel Charleston