“Good Hotel but lots of pets and not a quiet location.”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Southside Virginia
“Good Hotel but lots of pets and not a quiet location.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel and enjoyed our stay. On the first night, we had asked for a quiet room but were given a room on the ground floor facing the parking lot and near the elevator. Needless to say, that room was not quiet. The next morning, we mentioned the noise to the desk staff and were promptly moved to the 6th. floor.
Both rooms were very nice and both were clean. The lighting and the color scheme makes the rooms seem dark and this could be a problem to some folks.
We had a very nice breakfast at the hotel on both mornings.
We found the staff to be very helpful and would probably use this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room be sure to double check the location. Higher floors, away from the elevato...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roustabout
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
roustabout, Thank you for the review. I am sorry that the first room you had was not to your liking (noise wise), but I am happy to hear it was resolved to your satisfaction. I appreciate the comments and compliments relating to the breakfast and the staff and we would love to have the chance to serve you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Needing to travel with our small puppy, we made reservations at this hotel, expecting the level of quality that most pet friendly hotels offer. We were amazed by the upscale décor, the attentive and friendly staff, the stylish bar and full-menu restaurant, and the thoughtful arrangement of the hotel which allowed easy access to the courtyard for our puppy to go out. Every aspect of our stay was comfortable, and although we saw other pets while there, most people would never believe that pets would be allowed there -- it's just too nice! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our room was right beside the elevator -- normally not a good room in most hotels. But this room wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
eaca4, Thank you for the kind review. We all enjoy our pets, and having someplace we can stay that welcomes them is sometimes hard to find. I'm glad you enjoyed the decor, restaurant and service you received while here. We look forward to seeing you and your friends as well!
PA
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel! Has a very Friendly staff. We Stayed in a king room, best bed Ever! The room was clean plenty of move around space, and comfortable. The pool and hot tub a wonderful way to relax and unwind. Perfect place for kids. Breakfast was average, set up buffet style, so sooner your there the fresher the food. I'd Deffinatly stay again! Another note, the parrot is absolutely adorable, likes to say hello! :)

• Stayed August 2013
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
maryclar, What a great set of compliments! Thank you so very much. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Mosa, our parrot, loves our guests and is very talkative. I can't wait for you to return and see us again!
Argyle, TX
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel is beautiful with great, comfortable rooms. The pool is AMAZING! The breakfast if wonderful. It's the staff, however, that makes this such a great place to stay. Everyone is friendly and willing to help with anything you need.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the train tracks are the quietest although I felt very comforted by the sound
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Susan N, Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate the compliments to the staff, and I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time while at our hotel. I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Webster Groves, Missouri
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I made this reservation hurriedly because our plans changed. When we arrived, I was a little hesittant. It is not in the "posh" area of town but what a surprise. The rooms were nice (except for a smashed bug on our wall), clean, beds were comfy, and it was everything we needed. The bonus was the staff. Mia and Kim at the front desk were so accommodating, friendly and energetic. Every employee I met in the hall spoke to me in a very friendly manner. The food manager (sorry I did not get her name) spoke to each person getting food. She was constantly attending to our needs and so friendly. We will be this way at least once per year and unless something changes, I will most definitely stay here. It was by far one of the top five hotels I have ever stayed at. Congratulations on a job well done.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
MommaT818, Thank you for the review and your comments on the staff and hotel! We appreciate good service just as you do and I'm happy to hear you received it. Thank you so much for the comments about our restaurant and staff and I will be happy to see you again on a future visit!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were driving halfway after camping and the kids really wanted to stay at a hotel. So, we stopped here to see what they offered. Beautiful! The pool area was clean and the front desk area was nice too! There is a little restaurant that has a nice feel to it and the room was wonderful! Thank you to Mia who helped us! She went above and beyond and working in retail, I appreciate good customer service and Mia definitely represents your company well! Thank you again Mia!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
April P, Thank you so much for the review and your kind comments about the hotel and about Mia! I am glad you and your kids had a good time while you were with us and I hope to see you again in the future.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I recently conducted a workshop the Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West in Charleston, West Virginia. Everything from the time I arrived, until e time I departed was excellent. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Upon checking in, I was very enthusiastically greeted by Kim and Mia. I had some challenges with some cords for my LCD projector cords. They were successfully handled by Nanami, my banquet specialist at no additional charge, and they even provided a complimentary flip chart. As a trainer, who teaches customer service, I was totally impressed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Charleston, West Virginia area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Carlton R, Thank you for the compliments to our staff and hotel. I am happy to hear you were impressed with the service you were given and I appreciate your recommendation! We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Hampton Inn Charleston - Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!