“Great hotel with wonderful breakfast staff!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a great hotel. We stayed the night of September 12, morning of September 13 and the food was great in the breakfast area. There was a woman (outside the kitchen)and man (cook in the kitchen who came out to bring more food) working especially hard to ensure everything was great. The eggs and potatoes were EXCELLENT. Room was clean, everything was great about this hotel and I would definitely stay here again. What a Holiday Inn should be!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Seashells988
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Seashells988, Thank you for the compliments and I am very happy to hear you had such a great time while here. I am glad the staff made such an impression on you and we truly look forward to a return visit when you come back this way!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stay was awesome. Greeted by Mia with a smile and a complimentary drink for the day. Staff went above and beyond to answer my questions. Chef wasn't even on duty but personally prepared my lunch anyway...even though they don't offer lunch. Great staff here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

amandalawrence7, I want to thank you for staying with us and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for the compliments on the staff and service and we look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been traveling for business over the last two months spending every other week in Charleston. The Holiday Inn and Suites on Second Ave SW is my home away from home. Mia always greets me with a smile and warm welcome. Tonight she said "Welcome Home" when I walked in the door. This hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. All of the staff are polite and friendly. The complementary breakfast in the morning is very good and the hostess always ensures I have what I need. Staying here makes my time away from home much more enjoyable. I work long hours and I often order room service. The food and service is very good and reasonably priced. I will continue to use this Holiday Inn as my home away from home for travel in WV. Thanks to all of the staff for all that you do! It is obvious that customer service is a priority for you!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Janine B
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Janine B, It's humbling to be called a second home, and I thank you for it. We do our best to provide every guest with exceptional service. It is wonderful to hear that you have so thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us and we appreciate the great compliments you have had for the staff and hotel. We hope to continue to be your Home away from Home!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I love staying at this hotel. I stay here frequently for business. I enjoy every stay and every time I arrive, Mia welcomes me with a smile and excellent hospitality. I love this hotel and the owners. I will continue to stay at this amazing hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Michael W, Thank you so much! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your stays with us. I appreciate the compliments to the hotel and staff and we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was so very pregnant and driving about 8 hours, I needed help with my bags and was traveling with a large dog. Mia greeted me and was so patient and kind, the manager on that night was extremely friendly and accommodating. I felt like tey went out of their way for me, but in all honestly I think that's just how this hotel was. Ill definitely be back if I ever drive through again. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and great service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013

Arosehendrix, We greatly appreciate the comments, and are happy that we could provide you with the excellent service all our guests deserve. I thank you for the compliments to the staff and I'm happy you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return when you come through Charleston again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have stayed at several different Holiday Inns in the past. So much so that I joined their rewards program and am now a Gold Member. When I arrived for my stay, the desk clerk told me I had booked two rooms. I told him I must have made a mistake and what can we do about it. He told he couldn't do anything. Being a Gold Member or even Silver, they are suppose to have you a goodie bag with water, crackers, ect. Well this guy just said, thanks for being a gold member you want some water or something? So I was upset from the beginning. The rooms were clean and comfortable as always. When I called customer service, they refused to refund my money. Im quit upset and doubt I will stay at Holiday Inn anymore if this is how they treat return visitors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear LouAnnJustice11,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with our front desk and your reservations when you arrived at the hotel. We will work to improve the items you have brought up and I would like to discuss this with you at your earliest convenience. If you would please contact me at the hotel, at (304)-744-4641 and ask for the General Manager so we could talk about what occurred.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were very tired from driving and were looking for a campground. Couldn't find one so we were in need of a dog friendly hotel. How nice to find this one. Mia was so helpful and friendly. She made checking in so easy. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013

Michael B, I am so glad we were able to provide you with a pet friendly place to stay, and that our staff was so friendly and helpful. We certainly would love to see you the next time you come through Charleston!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!