Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
US$161
  • Breakfast included
US$61
US$50
All reviewscomedy zonefront desktrain trackskids eat freecomedy showa pet friendly hotelindustrial areagreat poolhot tubpool areasmall dogfree breakfastnice lobbyhotel restaurantfitness centerlight sleeperking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We never spend money on hotels but we had such a great visit on the way to KY for Christmas we decided to book again for the trip home. Our whole family loved it. We woke up and went to breakfast where Gwen was serving. She was so delightful to wake up to always eager to get us anything we needed.

Stayed: December 2013
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Ekricher, That is so great to hear! I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you came back on your trip home. I thank you for the compliments about Gwen and she truly is a great person to have working for us. Thank you again and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Staying here tonight, the room is nice and clean. Staff were friendly, food in the cafe/grill was decent. Didn't get a chance to use the pool although it looked like one of the nicer one as I've seen in a hotel of this caliber

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

rawzon, Thank you for the review, and I am also sorry you didn't get to use our pool. I know you would have enjoyed it! Thank you for the compliments on the staff and service and I look forward to a future stay with us.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband, myself, and his son stayed at this hotel along with my 2 small pets. Our stay was very nice, clean rooms, very nice staff as well as a small restaurant with a bar. We chose to eat , in the restaurant as we were tired after an 8 hour drive. Everything was so enjoyable! The following morning we chose to have breakfast and it was excellent! The eggs, sausage, etc. were all homemade, this is an awesome hotel as far as families are concerned. I highly recommend staying here, I only wish we could have stayed 2 nights!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

badsaltydog, Thank you for the comments and recommendations. I am also sorry that you were not able to stay for more than 1 night!. I'm happy to hear that you felt well taken care of and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I use to book at this property monthly for a business meeting and was charged $75 - 100 per meeting. This was for one of there boardrooms thats located on various floors through out the hotel. Basically, these are sleeping rooms that have been converted into a meeting room. I used them when they were Ramada, but after they started their renovations and name change to Holiday Inn,t hey wanted to charge me $200 + other ridiculous fees for the exact same room. I said no and went elsewhere.

Approximately a year later a coworker booked this hotel for a meeting. She questioned the high rate and I told her various hotels in the area are MUCH cheaper They quoted a rate of $200 and a $30 banquet fee. When questioned she was told this was a state fee or some jumbo. (we book hotels on a regular basis and no others have this "fee") The only service received was water. Upon check in to the meeting room we couldn't get the door open. We were on the 4th floor, the Preston Boardroom. After trying several times we went back to the desk for a second key. After returning to the room the second key still wouldn't work. We saw an employee of the hotel in the hall and asked that they help. He couldn't but did radio down to banquet services to have them bring a key up. He did and the door opened. We had arrived 30 minutes early to start interviews at 9am and it was now 850 and our first candidate had arrived. Upon walking into our room it was FULL of book bags, gift baskets and supplies. 1 half of the room was covered. We pointed that out and they quickly sent someone up to clean it up. The items were moved into a closet within the bathroom.

The ''boardroom table" is 4 banquet tables pushed together and covered in black tablecloths that are ripping. There were NO trashcans anywhere in the room. Not even in the bathroom. There was NO soap in the bathroom for people to wash their hands. Above the table is a hole where a light fixture use to be.

Some of these problems are minor, but for $230 - I would expect more. Way more.

On a good note, the hotel staff did come up and take care of our problems. We did not alert them to the missing trash cans or soap. They also comped the room(no charge) for the problem of the bags and gift baskets being in the room.

My advice? Call around. You can get much cheaper rooms with the same, if not better quality.

Room Tip: If you plan to pay that much ask for a room downstairs. The boardrooms upstairs are not quality for 200 per room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear globaltrek,

First, I want to thank you for your comments, and let you know that we totally agree that we did not provide the service and meeting space that you should have received. We have taken your comments and have already fixed the issues in the meeting room.

Second, I would like to extend an invitation to you to use our meeting space so that we can provide the excellent service that you deserve and expect from us. For your meeting, we would like to offer a complimentary break (coffee, tea or lemonade and cookies or brownies). Please to contact us to arrange this meeting. We want to assure you that if you are not satisfied, we will make it right.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Pros:
Pet Friendly
Comfortable Beds

Cons
Location
Pet Friendly

We stayed here for one night as we passed through on our way to/from vacation.

We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. There is a small pet walking area right outside one of the exits which was very convenient. With the "pet friendliness" comes the occasional middle-of-the-night bark. We're used to it, but it could discourage others from staying.

The room was clean, but somewhat dark. The shower was strong and the linens were clean. We left before breakfast was available, so I can't comment on that.

We'd stay here again because of the price and convenience. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

aww3583, Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your stay! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your pet and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the pet walking area. We look forward to seeing you again and you are very welcome!