US$168
US$124
FourPoints.com
US$96
US$90
Budget Host Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$59
All reviewscomedy zonetrain tracksfront deskkids eat freea pet friendly hotelindustrial areagreat poolhot tubpool areafree breakfastnice lobbyking suitefitness centerlight sleeperworkout roomwould stay here againwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a night while traveling. The rooms were nice, clean, and had comfortable beds. The whole family had a good time at the pool, and I enjoyed the hot tub. My kids loved the talking parrot in the lobby (I didn't think I was going to get them back to the room)! Free wifi and free parking. I can't give much of a review of the area, since we were passing through and didn't have time to explore, but if you are traveling and looking for a nice place to relax for the night in Charleston, then I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

InBrown5, Thank you so very much for the compliments and recommendation! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I'm sure that our parrot, Mosa, enjoyed talking to your kids as well. We look forward to seeing you for more stays in the future!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We read great reviews but experience mostly a beaten down old hotel in an industrialized area. None of the reviews we read mentioned the billowing smokestacks that surround the detail or the Dow Chemical plant across the street. This area of town is more than tired. Yes, the hotel lobby and common areas have been spruced up, but our room was only cosmetically re-made from the 1970s clunker that it really is. The noisy, blowing HVAC couldn't keep our room warm all night. The bathroom was small, tight and was missing the kleenex and the toilet paper holder was broken. The dog area was littered with droppings like a mine field. Did they put us on a special wing for guests with pets that has fewer amenities than the rest of the hotel? The breakfast was marginal; have had much better at Hampton Inn and Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Senior_reviewer,

I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was below your expectations. I have notified Maintenance and Housekeeping about the issues related to your room and the exterior. I want to assure you that they are being taken care of. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you that your stay was not a typical one, and that we have managed to improve. If you have any concerns or questions relating to your stay, please don't hesitate to call the hotel and ask for the General Manager.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I really recommend this hotel as a FAVORITE place to stay. I won this "New Year's Eve package" in a silent auction at The Foundation for Thomas Memorial and Saint Francis Hospital's Charity Gala & Auction. From the moment I called and made the reservations to check-out time everything and everyone involved was right on target. At the registration desk we were greeted with friendly faces and organized people. Our suite (616) was absolutely gorgeous and so clean and spacious. Champagne and strawberries were waiting for us in the refrigerator. The dinner buffet was filled with excellent food and desserts. After eating we enjoyed three comedians at The Comedy Zone and had lots and lots of laughter. We then enjoyed a champagne toast complete with hats, horns and balloons falling from the ceiling at New Year's. We danced and partied to the DJ's music and had a great time with new friends that we met throughout the night. Our room was so beautiful, quiet and comfortable, we did not want to leave. Our package included breakfast and a late check-out. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. After breakfast we returned to our room to watch a movie and relax and enjoy the rest of the stay. The movie didn't end right at 1:00 pm so I called the desk and talked to Mike to see if we could stay until the movie was over about another 30 minutes. He laughed and said that would be fine. What wonderful people. A GREAT way to start the New Year. Thank you Georgette, Claudette, Donna, Mike and all of the people involved with the hotel for making our New Year’s eve a wonderful memory.

Room Tip: Ask for room "616". It is beautlful, clean, spacious and so comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Terri K, That's so great to hear! I am very happy that you won the NYE Package this year and had such a great time. We try hard to provide an excellent evening for our guests and I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. We do this every year and each year try to make it as great and spectacular as the previous one. Thank you so much for the great review and compliments and I hope we can see more of you in the future!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

On the outside you kinda wonder "is this really a hotel?" But walk inside and you wonder "is this ONLY a hotel?" This place includes a restaurant which has very good and quality food options and is comparable to other restaurants with similar options. They have a very nice pool and overall atmosphere. The rooms are of quality as well and PET FRIENDLY! I would venture to say that if you pass this hotel as a place to stay you are missing out!

Room Tip: You can request "roll away beds" if say you have three in a room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hubble15, That's a great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for so many nice compliments on the features of our hotel and I would be very happy to see you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is new and really beautiful. It is clean and dog friendly. Easy places to walk the dogs and very nice area. Found a great Vietnames restaurant about 4 blocks from the hotel. Very friendly staff, easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

MeredithFlorida, Thank you for the review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the area around our hotel and also that you enjoyed Pho Vinh Long, while you were here. If Vietnamese cooking is your choice, then you might also try Yen's Sandwiches right across the street from Pho's the next time you stay at our hotel as well. Thanks again!