“Nice one-night stay”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed the night at this Holiday Inn overnight after a Brad Paisley concert we were going to. I booked this hotel because of the price and good reviews. It is a VERY good value. We checked in promptly at three and the check-in was seamless. There was a very nice gentleman that checked us in. We were notified that there would be a free breakfast buffet the next morning, which I knew about from the reviews on here, but was not advertised with booking. We went to the room, went to eat, then concert, then back to the resort about midnight. I went to the lounge area starving only to find out that we barely missed the kitchen closing. Someone nearby was eating a pizza and it looked good. They did have a market with some microwave goodies, chips, and such. The bartender was abrupt and did not at all seem to enjoy her job. The hotel market sufficed. The hotel itself is well-appointed and nice. The pool and hot tub area seemed nice, but we didn't utilize it. The room was clean, but there was an odor of cleaners - reminded me of powders used to clean up after pets. This is a very pet-friendly hotel. The pillows were too soft for our liking. If it had been a longer stay, we would have likely requested new pillows. Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection. Check-out was again seamless. Overall, a good stay. I would stay here again. Price was definitely right!

Room Tip: We had room 101, very quiet. No complaints.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Couplesgirl
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Couplesgirl, I would have loved to see the concert, I'm glad you got the chance to go and happy that we were able to be your hotel of choice for your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issue with our bartender and want to assure you that that is not typical of our service. I will address that, so we can provide a better experience to all our guests. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A great hotel. Great pool and hot tub. Good breakfast buffet and Very friendly staff. A special thanks to Andrew who went above and beyond during our stay. He went out of his way to help!

The only complaint that I have was that trip advisor requires 200 characters to submit!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Happystaytoday

Happystaytoday, Wonderful! Thank you so very much for the compliments especially for Staff member. I would love to see you again during another trip and show you the same great time!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Super nice employees. Great breakfast. Great comfortable room. We were totally pleased! THANK YOU for allowing us to bring our little dog with us. We will be staying there again as long as they keep the pet policy.

1  Thank Haymaress
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Haymaress, What wonderful compliments! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay, and were pleased. We are pet-friendly hotel and have no plans to make any changes to that in the foreseeable future. Thank you for staying with us and I will see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

A good hotel, staff was very friendly, stayed there one night. Only complaint was bathroom floor was dirty, and tub stopper did not work. Bed was extremely comfortable, quiet sleep. But other then that great, complimentary breakfast was great. All restaurant staff was friendly, lava cake was great

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

countrygirl507, I apologize for the issues with your bathroom floor and tub stopper want to make you aware that we have taken care of this issue with the staff. Thank you for the compliments to the Restaurant staff and I'm glad you enjoyed the Lava Cake! I look forward to seeing you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been attending an Early Childhood Conference for 15 Years and always stayed at the Marriott...I found this hotel and will never go back tot he Marriott again..This hotel is nicer, pet friendly,free Wi-Fi, free breakfast with every stay, plus cheaper than the Marriott...We rode the free shuttle with a young man by the name of Andrew and he was such a delight...I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, with or without children or pets..I came for business but also as a mini get away with hubby and kids...we will most certainly return next year if not before.. .Truly a great find...:)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie W

Stephanie W, I am so glad you found our hotel such a great place to stay for your conference! I appreciate your compliments to the staff, especially to Andrew, and I wanted to thank you for the pictures you posted while you were enjoying the hotel. I can't wait to see you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to be close to where our daughter was playing tournament ball games and we really enjoyed our stay... To start with we had the full kitchen suite and it had everything that we needed... full refrigerator, dishes, dishwasher , small stovetop and microwave... The room was very nice although it could have been cleaner.. hair in bathtub , and floor , ... but we always carry cleaning stuff ourselves so we took care of it.....The pool was absolutely amazing, very nice and clean.... The free breakfast was also good, plenty to choose from... Fruit,yogurt,waffles,bagels,muffins,toast,gravy,biscuits,ham,sausage,potaotes,cereal,milk,plenty enough that you do not need anything else, and if you do you can order from their menu...

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will stay here again when we need to be in the area...

1  Thank tntnn

tntnn, It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay ! I'm glad we were your stop while your daughter was in her tournament & I hope she did well. I thank you for your compliments and I am sorry that the cleanliness was not up to expected standards. This has been brought up and I assure you that it is taken care of. I look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I recommend to management that Free bottled water should be offered with the past problems of the water situation in Charleston.

Rooms are nice, my only complaint was that my bath tub was not cleaned. Overall, good stay and beds are comfortable and staff is very good. Breakfast Buffet was average. No Juice seen, had to ask for it, just tap ice water and milk for self service.

Amazing indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

kongda, Thank you for the compliments and I am very sorry for the issues with your bathtub. It has been addressed with staff members and should not occur again. As for the other suggestions, we will definitely take them seriously and look into them. I hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Four Points by Sheraton Charleston
Holiday Inn Express Charleston - Civic Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#2 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West? Share your experiences!