“Stopped on the way home, too”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
South Bend IN
“Stopped on the way home, too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased. The staff, especially, was super; friendly, helpful, etc. Rooms were clean and updated, beds comfortable, great pillows. We stayed here the first leg of our trip. When we were returning home, we decided to make sure we made this hotel our stop-over, as well. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear bullmar,

A complete circle. So glad you came back. It is guest like you that write these comments that make the team proud.

Thanks,
S. Arnold, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Buckhannon, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is my third time staying here. The rooms are clean - the staff are always nice and very helpful - food in the restaurant is surprisingly good with a free continental breakfast. They have shuttle service - Yeager Airport, Amtrak, Greyhound Depot (24-hr), and to the local mall (7am-11pm). They have a pool, fitness center, and allow dogs. Don't forget to say Hello to Mosa, the owners parrot, who u might hear whistling near the lobby in the mornings.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
flaxenmane,

Mosa says Hi back to you as well. Thanks for all your comments about the Holiday Inn & Suites in South Charleston, WV.

Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We were driving cross country and needed a first stop for the night. We've stayed in Charleston before but never at the Holiday Inn. The room and breakfast were great. The kids wished we had time for the pool which looked really nice. Short drive to downtown.

Stayed April 2014
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear KDonley,

Next time we hope you will be able to enjoy the great indoor pool area. Maybe on your way back. Thanks for the review.

Kitty Hawk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Have stayed here before but this time sheets were very pilly, A/C did not work properly, took forever for water to heat up and grabbed yogurt and a banana on way out in the morning. The yogurt, although in a mini fridge in the lobby, was NOT cold and the banana was mushy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jackie C,

I regret that your visit this time may not have been as perfect as in the past. Please accept my sincere apology and know I have addressed the areas you mentioned. I hope you stopped at the front desk and shared these same concerns so that they would know the room number. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return visit so we can show you our improvements.

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Very modern looking hotel. Clean and lots of amenities. I only stayed here for the night as I passed through and just needed a bed. The room was just big enough and comfortable.

The tub didn't drain very well though. I understand maintenance things like that can happen, so didn't let it bother me too much (we were only there for 10 hours anyway. I made sure the front desk knew so they could get it fixed.

They also had free continental breakfast (stay away from the "eggs"!) and they have free wifi

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Wherenow3,

Ten hours is definitely not enough time to really enjoy all the amenities of the beautiful indoor pool, fitness room Jacuzzi and video room. Sorry that your tub drained slowly but really appreciate that you told us about it so that we could address the repair. We look forward to a return visit soon.

Thanks,
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was traveling with my dog and needed an overnight stop as I couldn't make it all the way home. I was referred to the hotel by Bringfido.com. I will never stay here again. The room was dirty, hairs in the shower, no drinking glasses, no bags in the trash cans, candy or icing on the floor in the bathroom, looked like someone laid on the one bed, I was going to go to another room, but it was worse & I was so exhausted from driving 10 hours I just sucked it up and stayed. But I will not return. It was a shame I had to pay to stay in such a place. I had just come from another Holiday Inn at Asheville North Carolina & it was awesome in every way. So sad this was not up to the same par. The breakfast was so so. The breakfast hostess was very friendly & helpful and the check in staff was pleasant. But that is not enough to make up for the other.

Room Tip: Room on the small courtyard seemed better than those facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear OliviaJoys,

As a pet owner who travels I understand the joy in finding a hotel that welcomes my dog, I am so sorry for your experience and I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you so that we can make this right. We value all our guests and when we do not meet their expectations we want to be told about it prior to your departure so that we can make any necessary changes and improvements. I have shared your comments with our managers and we will address all the issues. Again please connect with me so that we can discuss how to make this right.

Thanks, S. Arnold, GM
Rainelle, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Not fond of the location but not much you can do about that. The free breakfast was good and plentiful. The pool was nice. Restaurant was good. All stag I came into contact with were friendly. Parrot was a little distracting during the class I was taking in a conference room, but a cool touch to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Travel/ByBrandon,

Thanks for the review and the positive comments. Mosa, our parrot can be frisky some days but is always something to talk about. Especially when she decides to whistle. Come back soon.

S. Arnold, General Manager