“Outstanding Experience”

Bridge Road Bistro
Ranked #20 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$19 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Road Bistro is located in the quaint South Hills neighborhood of Charleston, just minutes from downtown. Since opening in 2004, the Bistro has earned both regional & national acclaim for its cuisine & has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for the last 5 Years. Our cuisine is classically rooted with global & contemporary influences while supporting local farmers, regional producers & our community. We specialize in locally grown vegetables and grain fed natural beef, veal & lamb. We support our WV Farmers and provide many seafood and American dishes as well. We have 2 private rooms for intimate settings. The Walnut Room may accommodate up to 50 guest and the Ellis Room 25 guest. We have a wonderful Breakfast Buffet on Sundays. Live Entertainment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Caterings for weddings, rehearsals, business needs and any other special occasion you may have. Deliveries and Pick Ups welcome as well. We Hope to See you Soon!!!
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Visited here twice while in town to see friends, and I can't recommend it enough. Hutch and Derek were terrific and my scallops were outstanding. I would definitely return here on my next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We went here for our anniversary dinner. We ordered wine by the bottle an appetizer, dinner an dessert. The food was great an the service was even better. Wish the decor was a little more sophisticated an the tables a little more private especially for the price. We also enjoyed the live music. Even though it was in the bar area you could hear it in the restaurant but it wasnt overly loud. We will definitly return!!

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

First off, this was my first experience at BRB. My husband and I visited for our anniversary. There was a decent crowd for a Wednesday but we were taken right back to our table. We had wonderful service and were provided with bread which we were informed was delivered from a local bakery in Lewisberg, WV. I ordered a glass of Merlot and my husband ordered a Caesar salad. I tasted some of his salad and it was delicious with a fresh crouton and what tasted like homemade dressing. The bread was also delightful. For our entrees I ordered the grilled beef medallions Oscar and he ordered a grilled ribeye. His was served with grilled vegetables and whipped Yukon potatoes and mine was topped with lump crab meat, asparagus with hollandaise and mushrooms. Our food was downright decadent. They also had a choice of Ellen's ice cream (local ice cream shop) for dessert. Overall a fantastic meal. The ambiance does not really reflect the food or price as there are outdated booths and tacky decorations. There was a nice jazz duo performing which was a classy touch to our dinner. Overall I will definitely go back. For the both of us our bill was $96.00 so it's not somewhere we could dine all of the time, but certainly a good special occasion place.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a nice hidden gem in charleston. The food is excellent, however it is pricey so don't come on a budget. I had the grouper grilled which was very well done. They have a menu for sunday bruch which looks awesome.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Finding decent food in Charleston is like finding a gold in a coal mine....rare. But BRB....seems to have struck it rich. Service is sweet and fluid. Selections are vast and fresh each time. Very nice layout, cool bar, nice area only 5 minutes across the bridge and up the hill.