“Excellent cuisine, charming environment”
Review of Bridge Road Bistro

Bridge Road Bistro
Ranked #24 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$19 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Road Bistro is located in the quaint South Hills neighborhood of Charleston, just minutes from downtown. Since opening in 2004, the Bistro has earned both regional & national acclaim for its cuisine & has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for the last 5 Years. Our cuisine is classically rooted with global & contemporary influences while supporting local farmers, regional producers & our community. We specialize in locally grown vegetables and grain fed natural beef, veal & lamb. We support our WV Farmers and provide many seafood and American dishes as well. We have 2 private rooms for intimate settings. The Walnut Room may accommodate up to 50 guest and the Ellis Room 25 guest. We have a wonderful Breakfast Buffet on Sundays. Live Entertainment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Caterings for weddings, rehearsals, business needs and any other special occasion you may have. Deliveries and Pick Ups welcome as well. We Hope to See you Soon!!!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Nothing pretentious about the restaurant, just great food. We had seafood risotto and seared scallops. Delicious wine codices, also. And creme brûlée... My favorite. Don't lent the appearance of the interior distract you. The food trumps the atmosphere, hands down. Just delicious, every time.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was excellent and I enjoyed the evening. The food was only so/so. I was a little disappointed because I expected the food to be exceptional based on what my family and friends tell me. I also thought it was pricey for the quality of food.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Last week had dinner at Bridge Road Bistro with daughter and wife. Food is good but more on average rating. Service was decent, nothing to complain about but not great and I am not picky. Kitchen is a little loud but that could be part of the atmosphere. Loud orders called out showing main chef is making sure all orders are done to perfection.

Good place for a decent dinner.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I heard so much about the BRB, so I decided to make reservations for my anniversary dinner. We arrived early and they were able to seat us - in a booth. Not what I expected after viewing the menu online and seeing the prices. I guess I thought we'd be at a nice table with white linens. The booth made our dinner much less romantic. I felt like I was at a diner. The bright spot was the food. Do not miss the BRB chips. They are DELICIOUS. My husband had pork chop and I had manicotti. Both meals were very good. Overall, I would choose another restaurant for a special occasion. The atmosphere did not jive with the prices.

1  Thank vskeadle
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our first business meeting in WV and we had some concerns about this venue. We needn't have worried. Private room was spacious, clean, well ordered and the food and service (thanx Aaron) was exceptional. Prices were very business friendly. Went to their bar afterward and was equally impressed with the staff and wine selection. This will be our go-to place when next we return.