Tricky Fish
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: An Urban Beach Bar & Grill serving house-prepared beach food, cold beer, and cocktails. Come join us on the deck! We also feature TapTV trivia and sports on the tele!
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The food here is interesting and fun. Brewery beers on tap, very friendly atmosphere. Can eat inside or out on the deck. Be prepared for very casual dining experience. Try this place out - the local business people love it after work!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were passing through WV on a road trip and stopped here for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to find a place that used local fresh ingredients and also accommodated dietary needs (they offer gluten free and dairy free options). The shrimp taco was the best taco I have ever had. I would be a regular here if it was closer to me!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I love visiting Tricky Fish for lunch in the summer - the outdoor patio is really nice and it's a fun, laidback atmosphere. They strive to use organic and locally-grown food and offer unique menu items that you're not going to find anywhere else. The food is a bit overpriced in my opinion and I have been there a couple of times when they're out of certain items, but the quality of food is excellent and well worth the money. I've never been in the evenings, but I love Tricky Fish for lunch!

Reviewed 12 August 2011

The Place was great...patio beutiful, but at 8 p.m. on a Thursday to be out of French Fries and Chicken Breast, surprised me.
The waitress made up for it as bes as she could by being attentive to our table. But my girlfriend and I said to eachother..."get to the store and buy chicken breast and French Fries if you are out. No place should be out of chicken fingers and french fries on a Thursday night.

All in all a decent quick stop in the city of Charleston, WV

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I live a few blocks away from Tricky Fish and this is one of the places I always suggest for out of town guests. It has a beach-shack theme and serves humble food such as hot bologna sandwiches, fried oysters, wings, hot dogs (all-beef or tofu), etc., but they emphasize fresh, quality organic ingredients. The owners and staff are progressive types and are trying to help revitalize the neighborhood... this place is pretty hip for Charleston.

The only thing I ever get are the grilled mahi-mahi tacos because they are one of my favorite things in the world. If you are looking for a beer and bar food done to a higher standard, I recommend this place. They have a deck and often have music in the summer.