“Good local pub food for friends and family.”
Review of Tricky Fish

Tricky Fish
Ranked #23 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: An Urban Beach Bar & Grill serving house-prepared beach food, cold beer, and cocktails. Come join us on the deck! We also feature Buzztime trivia and sports on the tele!
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We took our 2 young nieces to Tricky Fish for lunch. We had hoped to eat at the Bluegrass Kitchen, owned by the same people, but it was Sunday and they were serving only brunch. The food at this place is incredible. Nothing fancy but good fresh seafood and great takes on Mexican dishes. I had 2 tacos-one shrimp and a mahi-mahi, both were very good with lots of fresh fish and tasty toppings. My wife and one niece had the monster burritos with chicken that were so huge both had to take some home. My other niece had the fried mahi-mahi which came out in a big basket with homemade chips and dipping sauce. The beer selection is large enough to find what you want and they have flavored sodas for the kids. We sat outside which was very nice but they also have nice inside seating. I would highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner for great tasting food and choices for even the picky eater in your group.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Best fish tacos from a state that has no ocean! Better than even those I had recently in California! And more affordable.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I ordered the fish tacos. I absolutely love fish tacos and try to order them where ever I can. This place, do not order them unless you like slimy fish. The seasoning and toppings on the tacos were good, but the fish was slimy. The atmosphere was okay. I would try this place again, but definitely order something different.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

...without the beach. Food was good. I had a crabcake, chips, slaw. Date had pulled pork, chips, slaw. Little salty.
We sat outside, facility seemed unclean.
Service was good.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Fish is the thing, of course. We've been a couple of times and never had anything else. Service is friendly and efficient, food and beer are great. Bring an appetite.