“Terrific late lunch / early dinner”

Las Trancas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Coming in from out of state, I met up with some local friends here. We had met here also a year and a half ago when it was a steak house. Fresh chips + cold salsa = delicious! There were seven of us and there was no problems getting our beverages, our orders taken and getting our food out quick and hot. The waiter was attentive and stopped by to see if everything was all right and to refill drinks often enough without being there too much. He even took a photo of us at our request. We all ordered different entrees and no one was disappointed. Our checks were split between three and we were all pleased with how reasonable our meals were. Our table was roomy and the restaurant looked very nice and clean. My friend came back a few days later with her entire family. I know that I will visit again next time that I am in the area.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We ordered double beef fajitas and we were bursting at the seams when we left the restaurant! Nice ambiance, good service but I think they should work on the ventilation so the strong smell of Mexican food will not stick to clothes, hair and skin.

1  Thank zepyhr
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very friendly staff. Good tequila (actually had an anejo) selection which made good margaritas that were priced right. The food was prepared well, was very fresh, and had excellent taste. I wish I had one of these restaurants close to my home.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Mexican food, was really good. service was really good, and the inside of the building is pretty nice- love the big wood look! great atmosphere

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food here is fresh and the salsa is wonderful! They have a great menu and the service is great. there are always smiling faces and we eat here more than I care to admit. If you like Mexican food then this is the place to eat while in Charleston.