“Coming home”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Coming home”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Recently while moving a friend I stayed at the Residence Inn. Greg Bolles, has developed a proffesional staff, which exceeds all expectations in cutomer service. From the moment you check in, you are made to feel like you are at home surronded by good friends. In all my years of traveling and staying at various hotels, this was without a doubt the finest experince I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Found this place while looking for a pet friendly hotel to stay during my road trip, while passing through Charleston, WV. The room is very good, clean, and I appreciated the full kitchen - I used the microwave and always appreciate rooms with a fridge that we can actually put something in, instead of those mini-bars that are cluttered with sensored stuff with no room for your own humble bottle of water. This is certainly a room designed for longer stays. I liked the location too, very silent and peaceful and at the same time, not too far from the city. However, the pet fee - US$ 100 - it's too excessive, especially comparing to other hotels who also accept dogs. If I travel by myself or with people, I would definitely return to this hotel again. Can't complain, it's really good for the price. But with my dog, I will choose somewhere else where the pet fee is a little more "friendly".

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed at Residence Inn for 3 nights and what a pleasant experience! The rooms are all suites with kitchenettes and they have a great breakfast in the mornings. This is my second stay here when visiting family in Charleston and it is a perfect fit for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Pennsy
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I've spent many, many nights here on business travel. Not my favorite, but better than other local hotels.

Staff is lovely, but that's the best thing here. Rooms a re so-so, many are musty. Kitchen facilities are almost unusable except for fridge.

Food is atrocious. Get a pizza.

Room Tip: Don't sleep anywhere near and entrance door on the first floor. You'll be up all night.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank terrifina
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for a conference and work in WVA - location is a bit odd as its in the top of a hill in a business park like area so there is nothing in walking distance to. Rooms were just renovated a year or so ago and they were clean and fresh. Food in breakfast area was a little weak but it was free so I can't complain that much. Front Desk Staff was amazinging helpful - I forgot my mouse for my computer and they gave me the one from her desk! Overall a great experience

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Baltimore
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I spent three months at this location. It was relatively ok. There were some small issues periodically, but nothing I could not handle. I would have stayed longer, but after spending thousands of dollars with this place I got an email forwarded to me from my corporate office that they could not extend my rental because they had no rooms available. I was told I could check out and back in again in a couple of days if I wanted, and my rate would increase. That is how they treat you after spending $12k. I filled out the marriot survey and never got a response. Will not be back to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bnelson77
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Excellent and friendly service and suites even include grocery shopping at no additional charge plus van to mall area. Very capable management! Access to downtown is easy while the airport is just minutes away. Quiet property location with nice evening meal two days a week. I rate our experience as excellent

• Stayed March 2013