“Great stay and friendly staff”

Residence Inn Charleston
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Lawrenceburg, KY
“Great stay and friendly staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Recently stayed at Residence Inn in Charleston on way to Baltimore. Hotel seemed very busy but front desk was very helpful. There is no place nearby to eat at but they very accommodating with a list of recemmendations, cuisine and distance from hotel.
I had never been "to" Charleston and certainly not downtown but it was a very pleasant visit.
Breakfast selection was good.
The hotel is very convenient to I-64, I-77 and I-79.
Seemed to be newer and more modern than recent Residence Inns I have been to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I traveled there meeting my sister for a "girl" weekend. I had to bring my elderly dogs and this hotel was pet-friendly. I had asked for an early check in, only they didn't really have an appropriate room ready for my pets who have some challenges getting around. I would have had to wait. Since we had had a 4.5 hour drive, they were ready to settle down, so I had to accept the interior room. The one bedroom suite was perfectly appointed, neat and clean, along with the bathroom. Here are my couple of changes:
1. How about an ice cream scoop in the room? You have some utensils as a Residence inn, but how about adding that one.
2. The pet walking area was chock full of the #2 left behind by owners who neglected to clean up after their pet. UGH. As a responsible owner, I was apalled. Residence inn - you can help. How about providing guests with a few bags to clean up after their pet upon check in. Better yet, how about a bag/waste station in that area?
3. Don't hide your area attractions/map station. Was hidden to the entrance to the pool area which we unfortuantely didn't visit (looked inviting though)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Recently while moving a friend I stayed at the Residence Inn. Greg Bolles, has developed a proffesional staff, which exceeds all expectations in cutomer service. From the moment you check in, you are made to feel like you are at home surronded by good friends. In all my years of traveling and staying at various hotels, this was without a doubt the finest experince I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Found this place while looking for a pet friendly hotel to stay during my road trip, while passing through Charleston, WV. The room is very good, clean, and I appreciated the full kitchen - I used the microwave and always appreciate rooms with a fridge that we can actually put something in, instead of those mini-bars that are cluttered with sensored stuff with no room for your own humble bottle of water. This is certainly a room designed for longer stays. I liked the location too, very silent and peaceful and at the same time, not too far from the city. However, the pet fee - US$ 100 - it's too excessive, especially comparing to other hotels who also accept dogs. If I travel by myself or with people, I would definitely return to this hotel again. Can't complain, it's really good for the price. But with my dog, I will choose somewhere else where the pet fee is a little more "friendly".

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed at Residence Inn for 3 nights and what a pleasant experience! The rooms are all suites with kitchenettes and they have a great breakfast in the mornings. This is my second stay here when visiting family in Charleston and it is a perfect fit for me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Pennsy
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I've spent many, many nights here on business travel. Not my favorite, but better than other local hotels.

Staff is lovely, but that's the best thing here. Rooms a re so-so, many are musty. Kitchen facilities are almost unusable except for fridge.

Food is atrocious. Get a pizza.

Room Tip: Don't sleep anywhere near and entrance door on the first floor. You'll be up all night.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank terrifina
Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for a conference and work in WVA - location is a bit odd as its in the top of a hill in a business park like area so there is nothing in walking distance to. Rooms were just renovated a year or so ago and they were clean and fresh. Food in breakfast area was a little weak but it was free so I can't complain that much. Front Desk Staff was amazinging helpful - I forgot my mouse for my computer and they gave me the one from her desk! Overall a great experience

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business