“Great hotel to stay at if you are visiting the capitol city!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great hotel to stay at if you are visiting the capitol city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here this week as I was in town for an Inservice/ meeting. The hotel is very clean and has friendly employees. Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. The lobby had complimentary teas, coffee and fountain drinks. In the evening they had cookies in the lobby that were fresh. Manager's reception was nice and food was good. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub was very nice. There also was a large exercise room adjacent to the pool. The continental breakfast was very good and offered hot and cold foods - nice variety too. The omelets and seasoned potatoes were tasty. The hotel was next to Quaker Steak and Lube and a Chuckie Cheese. { you could walk through the parking lot to both places} Behind the hotel was a Cabella's and other stores to shop in . Many stores and restaurants a short drive away.I would highly recommend this hotel to others and I have been here before when in town. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tia B
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Tia B, Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation, and I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all the mentions of what we offer and we can't wait to see you when you return to the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great place to stay to relax and unwind. Great location and hotel amenitites. Room with whirlpool very romantic. Coffee, tea as well as fountain drinks free at the hotel. Great complimentary breakfast in the morning-wide range of choices for breakfast. Something for everyone. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Felt as if I was important.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Alisha G
Alisha G, Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad to hear you were able to unwind and relax while you were with us and I also want to thank you for the compliments to the staff. All of our guests are important to us and we strive to make them all feel that way. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Silver Lake,IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Really nice hotel. The staff was friendly at check in. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast had a nice selection of food. The hotel is a few miles off the interstate, but there are a lot of choices to eat and go shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank moeman1
moeman1, I'm happy that you had such a good time while you were here. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and I'm glad we were able to help you have a restful stay. I look forward to seeing you again.
Perry, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great place to stay, but internet service would have been faster if they had dial-up. I couldn't get any work done the night I stayed here. Staff didn't think it was a concern. Rooms were very clean and of nice size. The breakfast was also great, although we had a ton of college kids there that morning and there was no place to sit. The poor lady who was taking care of the breakfast couldn't clean up after them fast enough too. The kids were pigs.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John N, I appreciate your review, and I am sorry about the issues with the Internet service during your stay. We have finally finished our Service upgrade and that should be taken care of now. I have discussed the handling of the matter with the Front Desk as well. I thank you for bringing matters to our attention and I hope you will give us another chance to show you a better time.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This facility is in a great location. However, our bathroom was the dirtiest I have ever seen in our many stays with Hampton Inns. Also, though it was quite cool, no heat was turned on. Instead, all that was on was the fan for air circulation. Cannot in good conscience recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our location to be convenient; however, I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Lewisburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed here at the "South Ridge", West Virginia location for business, so I was taken care of then and knew I would be treated as well or better with my family!! Thank-you to all the staff for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
John C, Thank you so much for the review and we appreciate the compliments to the staff. We look forward to future visits from you & the family.
Vienna, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Though they didn't have the King bed I pre-ordered via the internet, the room was nice with two Queens. The desk chair lift did not work. The cookies are to die for in the evening. Staff was very friendly. Facilities clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John G, Thank you for the review and I am sorry to hear that the desk chair lift wasn't working properly. We will make sure to have it repaired/replaced for future guests and hope you will give us the chance to show you that it was a one time issue, and not typical of the hotel.